g4 underground

Alas G4 is a premium channel out in my neck of the woods, I'd be someones best friend for a link to download the episode...

Yeah they did!

Even you looked good. :)

All in all I think it was a very positive bit of publicity... though a website mention at some point would have been nice...

i dont get that channel >< :( i hope someone posts the link though

tieran said:
Yeah they did!

All in all I think it was a very positive bit of publicity... though a website mention at some point would have been nice...

They got a shot of the banner that has the Faire Play website on it. Hopefully that will lead people here.

Toddo said:
tieran said:
Yeah they did!

They got a shot of the banner that has the Faire Play website on it. Hopefully that will lead people here.

We have a Link on the Faireplay site. I'm sure any interested people will find us with ease.

I said this on my Facebook but over all I was very impressed with the piece.

I have to say when I see video of LARPing on the internet I always cringe because it always looks goofy and dorky. However G4 slowed down the combat and added dramtic music which made it seem kinda cool. The piece overall came off very well and if I was not a LARPer it might have made me want to try it.

Also HUGE kudos go out to Tom and Michelle because I really think both of them made that piece what it was. I saw a lot of people in there but Tom really did the "You have 30 seconds to wow me" and touched on the key points. Michelle also touched on quite a bit of it too.

Good Job all!

thanks for the video link guys. I've been waiting to see this. great job done by G4

I'd like to say that the G4 episode of alliance has now been saved forever in my Tivo. It was a very good segment and the entire time I was calling out peoples names that my wife and I knew from the game.

w00t!!!

I just watched it, that was an awesome segment!!! It seems Alliance is getting a lot of good press these days!!!

Could we get this for a promotional DVD? If anyone can get this in an MPEG, MOV or AVI I could make a simple plug and play disc that we could hand out to potential players.

B~>

Unsure said:
Could we get this for a promotional DVD? If anyone can get this in an MPEG, MOV or AVI I could make a simple plug and play disc that we could hand out to potential players.

B~>

Just a heads up, there's already been an official response to this from Scott K.:

If you have a computer, you can get iTunes for free and then download the show for $1.99. I don't know if it's available through other distribution channels.

Disclaimer: Faire Play and the HQ chapter do NOT condone nor encourage the downloading and distribution of G4 Underground unless done within the legal specifications of the G4 network.

Scott
President - Faire Play, Inc.

We'll be talking to G4 about how we can and can't distribute it and use it as a promotional piece.

Scott

Maybe you could even get a longer cut at that point too?

paythin said:
I'd like to say that the G4 episode of alliance has now been saved forever in my Tivo. It was a very good segment and the entire time I was calling out peoples names that my wife and I knew from the game.

Ha I did the same thing, both with my DVR and the comments to my wife.

Hey Mike V,

Maybe you should update the wikipedia page to reflect this.

Scott

I would like to say that the G4 show brought me to the LARP. I hope to go to my first game of this kind of LARP in June at the Ohio game.

Back