Gaming for a Cure Day Faire 7/18/09 (Sat)

July 18th (Sat) "The MOD Squad. Gameing for a Cure Event"

Gamers Unite! Once again Alliance Traverse City is participating in the “Gaming for a Cure” annual event, which brings gamers from all genres together in an effort to raise money for cancer research. We be operating sample Mods throughout the day, so that we can show our love for this game to a lot of new friends. Come on out and support this worthy cause and help us strut our stuff.

We are also looking for donations for this. Whether it be money or items for the auction, all is appreciated. All donations for this worthy cause will also receive Goblin Stamps from my chapter.

I will be posting more on this event over the next few days, so stay tuned.

Matt

Who? Alliance Traverse
What? The Gaming for a Cure event
When? 7/18/09, the event is running between 10 am and ends at 10 pm
Where? The NMC College Olsen Building
Why? To raise money for the American Cancer Society
How? By hosting a 12 hour gaming marathon

Alliance Traverse participation in this event is an all-around good thing for our chapter.

Not only do we help a worthy cause (all events fees paid will be donated to the A.M.C.) we also get a bit of free advertisement for our chapter, as we will have a lot of gamers attending this event from all around the local area. (We gained a few new members last year from it)

So it is a win-win situation.

This will be an actual day event for us, as we will be running sample modules.

These modules will be exhibition style to show how our game system works to the attendees, but for our players involved in the scenario there will be actual treasure and an actual in-game scenario to deal with. (I have allocated extra treasure to make sure that those who attend and participate in this event will be well rewarded, if they survive the encounters that is :D )

As further incentive to attend, anyone who attends will also receive a special Gaming for a Cure LCO Magic item that you can only receive if you attend the for more than 4 hours (sign in and sign out) The item will remain a secret for now ;) come on out and find out all about it.

Check out the G.F.A.C. website at http://www.gamingforacure.webs.com for more info on location and such

Thanks to any who can come on out to help make this event a success.

Matt

what if were also doing something else there do we still get the credit for the day

jack asked me to run three dragon anti tables

Yes you will.

All of our members who attend to help in any capacity for this event will get credit for the Day Faire.

Matt

Are SoMi players invited to attend? I'm thinking about bringing up my brother-in-law, who has never played before.

We would likely come up the night before. Are there any nice hotels in the area? By nice, I mean no roaches, like a Motel Six or Comfort Inn or something.

Thanks,
Christine/Yoshi

Traverse City is a tourists wet dream, there are hotels every where for every budget. I use to work at the comfort inn, which will not be too far from NMC the local community college. There are even some options that put you just blocks from the campus, but I can not remember them. The super 8 is also not too far, then there is a nice locally owned place called the Traverse Bay Inn that is also close by...the problem would be that there may not be any rooms available since traverse is so sought after, although you are coming a week after cherry festival, so it will not be as bad.

If you want any other advice, give me a call. I live in Ann Arbor, but I am from Traverse City.

Daver
two31three926056

best western and i think the new one is a comfort inn are right at the entrance to the NMC campus less then a 3 min walk to the event and Jack one of the volunteers running GFAC lives on that corner aswell if you needed help finding the place if you do come up for the event i can give you his contact info

Everyone is invited! I hope to see you all there! Will be a good time. As for hotels and lodging there should be plenty of places close to the campus or in Traverse City for you to get...Restwood is just down the road from the campus and is fairly cheap if i do remember....depends on how much u are looking to spend as well...i'm guessing your looking at $50.00-$350.00+ Anyways if you can't find a spot let me know I live in Empire which is like 30 minutes from Traverse City and my grandparents have a couple b&b's and are now renting the little cabin next to my house..>I can see how much they would charge for the night if you would like. Let me know I check the boards often everyday.

Bane/Jason

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. If we have any trouble finding a place, I may enlist your aid.

See you next week!
Christine/Yoshi

I talked to my grand parents the 16th is open for now. So if you need a place let me know. Its a cabin but is very nice. how many will be traveling with you? I can get it for $60.00...during this time of the year traverse city may be expansive. We live about 30 minutes from traverse. Anyways let me know! Hope you find something.

Bane/Jason

Back