Gaming For A Cure

Beverly Byers

Fighter
Traverse City Staff
We recently heard about this great organization that wants to unite gamers of all genres to benefit finding a cure for cancer. This is a great opportunity to do something about a horrible disease and to also give gamers a chance to show their stuff and try new things. We would like to get involved with this effort and therefore I am posting the link for their site and asking that anyone who is interested in helping out contact them or myself. You can also go to Mayhem Games in Traverse City. They are also working on this project and have much more information than I do.

http://www.myspace.com/gamingforacure

They will be having an event this year on June 28th at the NMC campus. It will be an all day event filled with tabletop games of all types, possibly some MMO games, and some LARP stuff as we have been invited to share what we do. We still need to meet with the person running this years event to go over details but if anyone has any suggestions, or questions please let us know. We have a great opportunity here to introduce ourselves to the community and to really make a difference. If you can help in any way Please, please, please contribute!!!

Thank you all,

Absolutely wonderfull! having fun wile good deads are done for the betterment of human kind! If I got an inch closer to the cure with every D20 I roll... Ahhhhh, its never fealt so good to be so neardy :D

I'd love to be involved however I can, please keep us posted on any and/or all updates!

Just trying to bump this as it is coming up soon. If there is anything anyone can do to help please let me know.

In conjunction with this event, we will holding a day event. In helping with the goal of generating money for cancer research, all profits for this event will be given to the 'cause'. The theme being gamers getting together, we have formulated an event around this . We have limited space available to us at the site they are using, so we have done our best to create a situation that will allow the general public a chance to check us out, while holding true to our LARP'ing style. With that in mind, here is the teaser:

"Ribbon's Den"

Come join the Captain as e' shows off his talent for gambling in the grand opening of his gaming establishment 'The Scarlet Treasure'. Try yer hand at the Pessic dice game 'Where's the coin?"', the pirate's "Liar's Dice" or a local favorite "Horn's End Holdem". Or are there a few of you brave enough to challenge Ribbon's Gauntlet? The Gauntlet is a dangerous pit filled with foul monsters, mind boggling riddles and ancient magic. Come on in, but enter at ye own risk.

Did you post a cross post into ingame on this? I think you should....at least Ribbons should =P

daver

Just wanted to bump this up and remind people that it is this coming Saturday.

The Gaming for a Cure organization will be holding an auction to benefit their cause. If there is anyone who would like to bring something to donate to the auction, we will be giving gobbies for these donations. The donations can be anything a gamer would want, from any genre. We will also give gobbies for any cash donations made by any Alliance LARP members. We will accept any Paypal, cash, or check donations for this event and forward the money to them. If you can't make it to the event please try to donate in some way. This is a very good cause!!

Thank you to everyone who participates or donates!!!

Beverly

HELLO NEW WORLD

I am ivillios a member of the Dagorhir group in traverse and a new member to the alliance's LARP world of wonder and plunder.
As a volunteer at this years gaming for a cure i was extremely happy when Jodie told me that the alliance would have a hand in the activities and even happier to find out that not only did they contribute in personal time but that they donated to the action as well. i would like you to know that with the hard work of few with the baking and will of many, that gaming for a cure contributed over $2100 to the American cancer foundation. That being double the amount made last year and quadruple the amount made before, and were already looking forward to next years event. With hope of bigger and better things and some day a Cure.

I would like to add that the show of skill and knowledge of the alliance members in attendance at the event did not go over looked the feats and challenges taken on by them are now, and will in the future be talked about by whitenesses to there friends. As i know now can say there are at least three of us already signed up, that there are many more already in process of making characters and learning the roles and regulations, and are clearing our calenders of the 9th of Aug. in anticipation .

Thank you again for every thing you did for us.

Ivillios

Thank you very much for your compliments! We did what we could this year and only wish that we could have done more. We most definately want to get involved in next years event and have already been tossing around some ideas. Please let us know when the first meeting is so we can plan to be there.

I look forward to seeing all of you on the 9th and as it gets closer we will be posting more information to help everyone prepare. If you have any questions in the meantime or need anything at all, please do not hesitate to PM (Beverly Byers), e-mail (traverselog@peoplepc.com), or call us (231-882-0771).

Beverly Byers

Back