Gas Mask

Egor

Scout
Just out of Curiosity. If I made a Helmet out of leather that covered my face. Had two glass Eyepieces and had Cloth stuffed in the front. Could it count as an item to resist a gas attack? :cool:

No. You need the skill Resist Poison or a Poison Shield (or a cloak or bane of the appropriate effect group) to resist a gas attack.

-Dan

though that would be a damn cool item to put the magik for a poison protective on

True, the coolness factor is there, but the practicality is on vacation with that one. If your going to have an item that gives you something like an activatable Poison Shield, or the like, then why not put it on something small and not in the way, like a bracelet, ring, or necklace? A gas mask would get in the way, make communication unbearable, obscure your vision, and generally be a safety hazard during combat.

Also, you would have to get a gas mask that isnt made of plastic nor rubber, given the historical implications. All-in-all, I think it would be better and easier all around to not use a gas mask.

*note: I am just stating my onpiion in this matter. I am not a rules marshal, nor do I pretend to be: I am just shedding some light on a new perspective for this topic.

hmmm. seems someone is posting from my computer at home while I am here at work. I think that last post was actually from Ryan, not me.

first off, Egor did say he would make it entirely out of period materials (leather, glass, and cloth, and I didnt say it'd be practical...just cool.
But you're right...it would be hideously impractical and not exactly period...but its not too far off to not be part of some twisted plot or another...
Verglugs mystical gas mask of poison shield and...um...unweildyness?

NERO gasses are absorbed through the skin (as well as through clothing and armor). I am doubting that any sort of face protection would, even in theory, protect against them -- holding your breath doesn't make one immune to alchemy, after all. Or full body protection.

then I shall construct a leather bodysuit! airtight! and wear it with the magikal gas mask...

no, no I won't, but if gasses really are absorbed by the skin, one could, theoretically, make some sort of costume that could fit in period that could protect all skin, and finish it off with the period gas mask so that they could breath.
Im thinking plot would see to it that that person was justly delt with...as in, the idea not working and every other monster hucking about a gas globe, at him/her/it, out of spite

Dante said:
then I shall construct a leather bodysuit! airtight! and wear it with the magikal gas mask...

no, no I won't, but if gasses really are absorbed by the skin, one could, theoretically, make some sort of costume that could fit in period that could protect all skin, and finish it off with the period gas mask so that they could breath.
Im thinking plot would see to it that that person was justly delt with...as in, the idea not working and every other monster hucking about a gas globe, at him/her/it, out of spite

No worries, our plot team is not that petty. More likely a marshal would simply (and rightly) rule that the suit was ineffective against stopping any alchemy.

-Dan

Yeah I was gonna make it out of piriod materials. I just though it would be cool. Yes it would be EXTREAMLY impractical. I might still make it and just take the resist piosion skill. It also might be a charachter that wares it just in case it works on one specific gas....... which he has no idea if it will...... He'd also be a tad bit.........Insane. :D

Back