Gathering?

Hello to all, I am a newcomer in the world of LARP and would enjoy getting to know more about it~

The disadvantage, I take much better knowledge in the art of learning with others than learning from books or in text. I was curious if there are meet ups or groups to attend where the rules and game might be discussed? If not, then getting to know others within the forum might be a good place for me to start eh? :)

Blessings to all~

Welcome to Alliance! Always glad to see new people around here!

In order to help best, it would be nice to know what area you're in. That way, we can get you in touch with your local chapter and they can help you find others nearby who may be available to meet with you.

In lieu of that, there are always folks at events who are willing to help you learn the rules. I would recommend starting off as an NPC in your local chapter to try it out and see how things go from there.

Enjoy your new hobby!

-Luke

Im also a relatively new player. I've been to two events so far and Ive learned alot through NPCing. If you are near new york at all, the Crossroads chapter actually has a training guild for new players. Picking up a rulebook also helps a lot to clarify things.

Of course, I recommend a Rule Book.

Don't be scared by the title. The Rule Book isn't just the rules of the game -- more than 50% of the book contains advice sections, describes the world, and otherwise is there to help with the roleplaying aspects of the game.

And most any question you will have about the game as a whole (as opposed to questions about individual chapters) can be found in the book.

A downloadable version is less than $6, too.

http://alliancelarp.com/books.php

I'm in the Minnesota chapter, I'm not sure how far away the events would be but I have been interested in larping for a while.

Thank you all so much for your help!

AnimatedBeauty said:
I'm in the Minnesota chapter, I'm not sure how far away the events would be but I have been interested in larping for a while.

Well then, I suppose that puts you out in our next of the woods, Southern Minnesota maintains a group of players we call our 'newbie marshals' that are always excited to get into contact with new players and help explain things. The best way to start off is to send us a quick e-mail at info@mnalliance.com to let us know who you are and we'll get one of our members in contact with you.

You can also check out our local website at www.mnalliance.com for a great deal of information!

Lurin said:
AnimatedBeauty said:

Well then, I suppose that puts you out in our next of the woods, Southern Minnesota maintains a group of players we call our 'newbie marshals' that are always excited to get into contact with new players and help explain things. The best way to start off is to send us a quick e-mail at info@mnalliance.com to let us know who you are and we'll get one of our members in contact with you.

You can also check out our local website at http://www.mnalliance.com for a great deal of information!

Welcome to SoMN!!!

-Ryan

I've sent an e-mail to the given address, thank you so much Lurin. Your information is much appreciated!

I hope I will hear back from them soon. I'm interested in learning about it first, and sitting down with someone would be great. I learn much better from face to face instruction than from writings, and I wouldn't want to pay money to an event I couldn't enjoy.

You see I'm number dyslexic so I'm afraid that the point system might throw me off! lol

As another brand new player to the SOMN chapter, I can assure you that they do everything to make sure you both understand and enjoy the game! The nice part is that should you choose to PC your first time(as I did) the players are really excellent at inviting you into their community, you never have to worry about being lost or alone as even the newest of PCs! And given that the number system is rarely written anywhere, as long as you have a good mental concept of numbers, dyslexia shouldn't be too much of a problem in-game.
Hope to see you around the next SoMN event!

Back