Gauging Interest

Junyper

I have an idea and spoke with Mike V. about it. I have a sister in a wheel chair who has wanted to larp for some time but has been unable to do to her disability. She attends a summer camp in NY state run by the ELKS lodge for disabled (Physical and developmental). I am going to speak to the person who runs the camp if there is enough interest in the idea I am proposing. The idea is that a group of interested people go to the camp for a day and let these kids be heroes through LARP. It would obviously be a simplified rules set (similar to kids event). You must be able to work with the disabled, be patient and understand that due to some of the disabilities calls, encants and maybe weapon swings may be assisted or done by the counselor. So if you are interested and also if you are willing to supply anything to assist should this come to fruition please comment on this thread so we know there would be enough interest to actually move forward with this.

The camp is during the week usually in August and we probably would be looking at doing this next year (not this coming august) so people have time to prepare and the camp can send permission slips for the activity to parents for the next years session as I am sure they will want those.

Last edited:
I think it's an amazing idea although being a west coast player, I would not be able to personally participate.

I think this is a fantastic idea, and kudos for bringing it up. I wish I could participate. Please let us know if a donation drive is opened for this. :)

Definitely a fantastic idea ^.^ And, yeah, if there's a donation drive I'd be more than happy to help out with it. Also, if it works out, I'd be interested to hear how it goes. There are camps like that through out the US, and if it's something another chapter could duplicate that would be pretty shiny!

That actually sounds really fantastic, and I wish I could be a part of that.

I am hoping there is enough interest from East coasters. I need to know I will have bodies before I contact the guy at the camp. Don't want to commit if I can't deliver.

If I am still in the area, this is something I'd be interested in helping with. Currently in Boston area.

Back