Gavaria and what we know!

Hello everyone!

It's me, Lorelei. I figured that since we now have had a few visitors from Gavaria, we should start making an effort in gathering as much information about the place and what lies in its lands. I just so happen to have met a scholar by the name of Nathanial Moroe, who said that he is the Head Archivist of the Library of Atish, which is a country in Gavaria. I didn't have reason to believe that he was lying as he just so happen to have drawn me a map of Gavaria and told me about the place.

Gavaria map.jpg
So a couple of things about the different places from the notes on the map. You are welcome to correct anything I might say wrong here as I know others have more information about things. It was a rough market for me so some of my memories are a bit fuzzy.

Atish- Split into two countries (baronies?) of Northlight and Southshade. Northlight is where Nathanial is from. Specifically, Beles, which is on the coastline of the Opal Sea. Northlight's leader, Duke Edmure Nolan, has been in a coma for a while now. For the life of me, I can not remember if Countess Zelina Thorn is the wife of the Duke and is now in charge as he slumbers or if she is the one in charge of Southshade. Something to confirm later on. Other than that, Atish is mostly swamp save for its coastline, which is quite beautiful.

Meltitn- This place all sorts of crazy. Split up between four factions of undead, bestial wylder-kin (think like our kin but more animalistic), golems, and curse creatures. I am sure that place is going to be interesting to visit.

Cinem- Relatively peaceful place, good agriculture save from the mysterious lake with an island in the middle of it that no one comes back from alive (I call dibs on exploring the place and, no, you can't stop me, Glenn.)

Passwall- Get ready for some trauma recall because we have another country completely made up of undead. However, according to Nathanial, they are peaceful? That is definitely going to be an interesting place to visit.

Skain- This is a place mostly made up of forests and mountains. It is also where, I believe, our mysterious floating city came from. I am sure we are going to love it there.

South of all of this, we have a mountain range, called Giant's Bane Mountains, that cuts this part of the world off from the rest of the landmass, which I was told was a complete wasteland.

As for the other notes:

Trogs or troglodytes- common creatures that we might run into. They are not fun to be around and will try to hurt you.
Carcunckles (sp?)- Mutated trogs, even worse
Tar Creatures- Made of tar, stay away from them.
Oozes- gross (I think one of these made it into our land and some people fought it)
Granny Mosely- Legendary figure. Takes the form of an elderly lady with a magical moving hut. I am not recalling it perfectly, but Nathanial said that if three people are able to tell her the same story (almost) word for word, she can bestow those three with gifts. Sounds like a fun quest if you ask me.

I believe that is all I can remember for now. I invite people to share anything they might have learned from other visitors that I may have missed. I think that we should all work hard in keeping as much information public so that all of us can share in the wonders of exploring this new place. So, feel free to comment, ask questions, or theorize with me.

This is going to be so fun!

Last edited:
Everyone needs to memorize the following story; its a childrens tale of greed and if we all memorize it we can all say it to "Granny".

If you give a mouse a cookie they are going to want a glass of milk. If your give a mouse a glass of milk they are going to want a bed time story. If you give a mouse a bed time story they are going to want a cookie.

Updated information! Including a fully written out history of Atish, and a better map! (I hear there is an even better one out there which should be coming soon)

Attachments

• Scan_20220417 (3).png
    Scan_20220417 (3).png
    772.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Scan_20220417 (4).png
    Scan_20220417 (4).png
    820.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Scan_20220417 (5).png
    Scan_20220417 (5).png
    777.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Scan_20220417.png
    Scan_20220417.png
    901.7 KB · Views: 40
More Notes and updated map!

Important people that arrived in Prademar:

Sir Euron Gavar- Elf Knight, Lord Protector of Gavaria, Uncle to the recently decease king
Roy- Dwarf engineer, involved with the floating city
Nathanial Moroe- Biata, the Head Archivist of the Library of Atish

Passwall:

3 of the 5 counties are overrun with undead. Undead are not advancing on living parts but will attack if living trespass on their land. Current Leaders are Count Moco Tanno and Count Uralis Tillbane.

If you wish to aid Passwall, their biggest priority is to find a way to reclaim Oathgate, the one passage way through Giant's Bane Mountains into the Wastelands beyond.

Attachments

• Gavaria map 2.pdf
    514.9 KB · Views: 30
Back