Gavaria Auction

Greetings Adventurers,

Adlao, once again has graciously volunteered to gather the town census. Please see her to ensure we have an accurate counting. Thank you.

For those new to the mists, and as a refresher for transparency: after a large town endeavor and auction, loot will split based on the reported number of adventurers. Adventurers will be prompted to come up and collect their share. When you arrive at the auction table we will confirm and strike through your name on the list and provide you with your share. If your name is not on the list we cannot guarantee a share for you. If you do not collect (or are not in line to collect) your split 30 minutes after we start handing out coin your split of the loot will be considered forfeit (and may be used to provide a share to those that did not sign in properly). If you have any questions or concerns about this process please let me know.

When there will be a group of 3-4 individuals assisting with the auction process, when they are identified (likely from the pool of people that are generally involved in this process) I will find a way to make it known publicly who they are (likely on the announcement board or give the list to Adlao). If there are objections or questions please let me know.

Specifics of the loot sharing process:

0) Prior to the auction crafting materials, ritual components, and production items from the Loot Split will be made available. Please come up and exchange your coin for these resources (as coin is much easier to divide). Current rates for components that travel the lands is 1 gold, components tied to the lands are 5 silver and production items are 1 silver per crafting material required. Marcus has a minimum cost list for superior equipment that I will recover and attach here.

0.1) Any spell crafting or similar services deemed necessary by the community will be recompensed at this point.

1) Auction. Items will be presented and effects will be explained at the start of the auction itself. Upon conclusion of the review items will go up for bid one at a time (catalysts and rituals will auction separately). Bids increase in a minimum of 1 gold increments.

1) Upon the conclusion of the auction a number will be obtained by adding four to the total count on the town census. These four extra portions exist in case of clerical errors (please do not plan on shares being available, please do sign in appropriately).

5) The loot will then be divided according to the census.

6) Loot will then be given to adventurers. Remaining shares (not picked up by adventurers, what remains of the extra, etc) will be returned to the town box as 'change.'

7) All information regarding the Town Auction (What sold, for how much, to whom) as well as an accounting of the 'change' that rolls over between Auctions will be recorded in a ledger and may be available for audit.

In plainer terms: Please sign in so we can have an accurate count. Individuals called upon for Spellcrafting and other specific resources will be compensated. The remaining loot will be split by the number of signups + 4. Individuals will then have their name checked off the list and receive their share. Should shares be forfeited or otherwise in excess then those funds will be returned to the pool to be added to future loot splits.

In addition, after the last Gavaria Market I was given a large back of miscellaneous crafting materials. I personally would rather keep only coin within the town box as it is easier to count than crafting materials. However, in conversations with others Dramthin expressed a desire to propose that the town box also collect non-coin, akin to a rainy day fund, to be able to pre-emptively pay or compensate individuals for spell crafting and similar services prior to the town endeavors (feels almost like we pay upfront for support rather than always paying on the backend). With the caveat that after the close of the auction items within the box can still be purchased by individuals, but at an inflated price. He is more than welcome to better explain his intentions and desires in case I've missed something.

This is our money and our resources, please make your voice known in how you'd like it handled and spent.

Very Respectfully,
Apprentice Solar Franz Firebrand, Hero of the Varnistrom

Last edited:
Superior Equipment minimum costs

Attachments

• Supirior_equipment_costs_sheet-1.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 12
Back