Gavaria March Event Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Thanks to everyone who came out to the Season Opener. There were so many interactions and cool moments throughout the weekend. What were some of yours?

- The Hindsight mod with Rose Wardens. Iban talking about doing the right thing and my person wanting to just be done with it all.
- Slight bias, but I LOVED the look of the 3 harbingers of Ris'sunus, Light of the Depths together. Did you notice the color scheme is the visual spectrum: Red, Blue, Green?
- 3 audiences with The Fourth Finger. Also Penn debating on being audience #4.
- "Question. I don't have to do this action immediately right? I can wait and do it later?"- Riqi. Yall know what happened next.
- "DO-RE-ME" puzzle
- The 9th time running the Blackmoon Sentinel's Training Mod aka Pikmin Mod with newer players. It's so fun to see how they work together to solve it. *boop*
- Delilah and DeSilvia's Delightful Discoveries. Coming soon to an Atupal near you!
- Adloa's talk about the Calamities with Veronica Silver and how that completely changed how Veronica had a conversation that night with Eve.
- The enthusiasm from the NPCs was great. Shout outs to Jess who dove head first and killed it.
- The food was top notch this event, especially the egg bites, the soup and the meat pastries.
- Glug Glug
- Hydrangea and the inverse funnel system
- "So...Claire. Ana and I were thinking..." - Most of Steph's opening suggestions to me.
- Roff trying to catch lightning in a bottle. It's hard for a reason... (well mostly the wind).
- Thomas Harper, aka The Tidewalker's monologue from friendly/welcoming to slightly annoyed. "Tuli, it's so good to see you!"
- Aquavian gambling. Filling up a pitcher with water so it doesn't overflow is serious business.
- Xel's monster doodles
- Steph and Ana as 2 other Alkonost with Allura. You two slew it!
- Late night NPC camp
- Briar Charmed to pop the bubble housing Qora. Briar continuing to throw a javelin at Qora after the bubble was popped. "Make her stop!"
- This event was just great start to finish, I really enjoy interacting with you all.

-Claire

Last edited:
Some of my favorite moments were

-Phantom accidentally freaking some of the tavern out by asking if having someone spy on you is normal
-Iban Serenade
-Phantom in "Baby's first Near Assassination" (yes i'm calling it that)
-TOOCHES
-Sir Euron sending us to deal with his daddy issues, getting people exposed in the process

And finally
-Jadar shoving Tooches into a pit, in which afterwards Phantom used his channeling for the first time to heal a Raccoon.

This was my first time LARPing EVER, and I attended just for Saturday as an NPC. And oh my gods, was it thrilling. So much fun.
I loved being a help to the NPC team and I had fun being a pinata for players and getting SWARMED by foam swords and tossable spells. Absolutely fantastic. I think my most memorable moment was playing a Poacher taking basilisk eggs for a smaller module with Ethan held by Emma, where I finally got to do a bit of roleplay as a scummy poacher hypeman. It was great!
I also super enjoyed just being a shambling undead minion for the noon module, it was like being thrown into water to learn how to swim and I came out A-OK! It prepared me just right for the rest of the day as I did NPCing for other modules and increasingly had more complex enemies to play. Having all those PCs to fight in the basketball court less than an hour into being there was exactly what I was hoping for my very first experience. Everyone was so helpful and so nice. Ana was truly a beacon to guide me at the beginning, as well as SO many other people including Tabby and Jay.
I truly did miss this place as soon as I got home later in the evening. Everyone was so welcoming and I felt totally accepted and free to be myself. Y'all should be so proud of creating such an event and community :)

- The rain! I thought it was the perfect introduction for the event to come

- Sitting down to my first breakfast in the tavern proper, only to have an elderly biata explode into ashes before my eyes

- Maintaining direct eye contact w/ Tooches for a solid eight seconds before he scurried away with an apple(which I would have given him anyway)

- Glenn's booming voice echoing across the grounds when the tavern went on lockdown

- Magic bread topped w/ butter from Franz

- Everyone who helped the kitchen in any capacity. We couldn't do it without you!

~~~

I had such great time interacting with everyone, so excited for what this season has to bring!

Favorites in no particular order:

- The Hindsight ritual and the new information it brought to light
- The Blackmoon Sentinel's training mod: I LOVE puzzles and this ticked all my boxes!
- SEEING ALL OF MY BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS
- Starting my path of renown: I'm looking forward to the challenges that will present and what it will take to overcome them
- The town mod, specifically: being so in character that when I thought Aiden had died I was very nearly in tears, and the huge release of emotions and sense of relief when I learned that he wasn't (and he finally kissed me IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME)
- going to Gardenhall and actually learning a thing or two about myself in a way I wasn't expecting
- watching Aiden go through his initiation into the School of the Mandrake
- Meeting Lady Whisperwind, which has been a dream of Kore's since she joined the Sentinels (gotta have that hometown pride)
- So. Many. Meetings. But all with a purpose, and all definitely worth it.
- TAMALES
- Sam Freaking Gemclipper
- Kore getting Aiden a glass of water, and then Iggy saying "Now this is where you say Thank you" (the timing was perfect)

And once again, a huge thank you to all of you for being so supportive and understanding when I needed to take a break. Losing a pet, especially one you grew up with, is incredibly painful and I wish that it wasn't something anyone would ever have to experience. But it happens. And I can say with certainty that my precious boy is in a better place where he can run to his hearts content.

Had a very enjoyable event. Thanks Kitchen staff for all of the good food. First event on junior plot, was super nervous about running mods, and very grateful for the support I received from the rest of the plot team, and the encouragement from many people. Also thanks to the medical marshals for taking care of Leanne when she fell, her and I are both appreciative of it.

Now in no particular order.
  • Eddercap's, I got very nervous on this one as I sat back to marshal, but watching people high stepping over the "spider web" trip wire and the cohesion as Barnaby was rescued.
  • The alarm constructs. eeee eeee eeee
  • all of the great costumes
  • The amazing food, I'm not normally a fan of hand pies, but these hand pies were absolutely delicious. 10 out of 10 would recommend.
  • The worry that led up to the walking workshop, and the follow up trip into the belly of the workshop.
  • hallucinate frogs
  • Tidewalkers speech before the town mod.
  • late night NPC talks. I sat up to late Saturday night, but was nice talking when I got back from Leanne's medical trip

—First larp role play that actually made me cry (in a good way!)

Dramathin trying to comfort Tuli

Heinricht.

The people that started to gather to stand in front of Tuli when she said “I guess they can fight me if they really want to kill me over it!” I love my new staff with a passion! also that beautiful poster!

Thank you plot and Alexander (its gonna be hard not to Bro you all the time now). That hook started last summer for Tuli and .... well just thank you. I’ve seen a little behind the curtains and know how hard you all try for other people and I never really expected anything like that at ALL! And just thank you!

-Laura. everything about you as a human makes me so grateful you’re in my life. Thank you to your crew for driving down. Also so fun to see the engagement ring in person!

— The kitchen runs so smooth and so good that it’s become a luxury beyond what we could get from catering. Mags was amazing Thank you! Briar and I talking over dishes brought me back to my first larp days.

- “That’s 15… 19”

- “You have his hair” Claire you just fall into your roles with such grace and charm Or terribleness - You are also good at not breaking when I go Tuli at you.

-“Inverted funnel”

- ”Those are interesting marking on your eyes… “. ”Visibly crying non stop”

- Ana and Stephanie - thank you - always!

- A blue feather.

- I wanted to have more conversations with newer people but didn’t get to as much as I hoped but also super excited to see new people!!! Welcome!!

-Rae you did a great job jumping in!!!

- Jess I hardly got to talk to you but you have wonderful energy that you shared as an NPC! Thank you!

- A planet bracelet, new shoes, a new cup, wespons

- getting a text that Georgia was alright

- passing a Bard Boffer!!!

((so Mush more I have more but I got To sleep!

Favorites for the Event:

- Getting my Squireship under Sir Ravvic
- An hour or so after getting Squired I get turned into a Steel Skeleton and go through the Earth Circle (Welcome to being on the path of Renown)
- Durinn getting permission to design a murder fortress for the adventurers to call home
- Meltith Plot
- Shiny Gyrados *cough* I mean Shiny Red Sahuagin.

Another wonderful event from our amazing Gavaria plot team. I'm so happy that our chapter has a group of people that care so kuch about spinning these tales.

*Renvier's thrown weapon getting hit by my arrow mid flight and the insuing buckled over laughter.
*The Iron Knuckle's zoo and the insuing dinner conversations.
*Getting to negotiate for the Troll contract and pulling more people into the Passwall army plot.
*Double troll, double trouble.
*Tooches!!!!
*Aidens first trial of the Mandrake.
*Flail snail combat, you all were scarily close to shattering its shell.
*breakfast job hunting as Chet the Carpenter, then the Terror in his face when he thought atupal was going to physical split down the middle
*Being a charmed poacher and trying to pawn off the fake dragon scales

There are surely plenty I've already forgotten. Thank you everyone for making this another amazing event!

-being handed a note and being told 'in good faith'. You know who you are. I was really nervous about this event and that moment, though it seemed small, gave me so much relief, you don't even know.
-Sir Euron's daddy issues. You owe me and drink and a secret, sir!
-Sitting at a table, surrounded by people as I talked about Passwall. It is genuinely my favorite thing to do and it made me so happy.
-"Well, we have the cat now and all of the components. We will just talk about it over the dreaming and set up a battle-....wait, we are doing this now? Crap! We got to go!"
-Rescusing Baron Stone-Smelt and getting him to side with Tanno (and Draco desperately trying to be like 'and Tillbane too!' But it not going so well)
-Tanno beating Tillbane in the silver raffle. I love you all so much and thank you!
-Moko Tanno finally getting screen time! About time! Hard to advocate for a man that no one has ever met!

• Aiden's first mandrake trial, and all the real-life tips for boffer combat I got from the Company. Very very useful, thank you all.
  • Rose Wardens finally got to do our hindsight ritual (there's bad **** on the horizon, gang)
  • Tooches, Elder Trash Being
  • Getting involved with shenanigans in Skain, both during the prison break and with Franz. Good times.
  • The Blackmoon Sentinels puzzle trial
  • Getting immediately blasted by the Tidewalker, dragged around, and finally lifed -- if I never see the ocean again, it'll be too soon
Above all, just getting the release from the real world that this community provides. Y'all are awesome. I'm sure there are moments I'm forgetting -- it all runs together when you haven't slept really well.

Edit: I forgot the food. The food is so consistently amazing at these events. I know the kitchen staff is happy to have a larger industrial kitchen to work with, and that translates to the food. It's been sooo good.

Last edited:
This was a very good event and a solid opener.

The hindsight ritual was a highlight of the event.
The Blackmoon Sentinel's training mod: and the look on Claire's face when I asked about endure elements. Followed by a mischivious look, "you wont feel the heat but your bones will melt."
Declaring our intent at the beginning of the Blackmoon Sentinel's training mod. It was an excellent RP moment for everyone.
Diving to save the loot as its being flushed away after the GLUG GLUG fight. I have really enjoyed the water plot lines as I was their when we discovered this strange group. We all thought they were a minor inconvinence not the amazing twist they turned into!!!
Lost work benches and the slime slide!
Sir Euron and table talks about nobility and what it means to serve.
Ibns elevation to squire.
Working with Adlo to Repel box the patchwork creature in the prison break.
Tuli and Thomas strong RP and I'm glad I could help you get his staff.

Thank you again for welcoming me I had a lovely time with everyone and look forward to seeing you all at the 3 day in May!! (As I will sadly not be able to make the April event.)

Oh! How could I forget! Me opening the door to Claire in full Sphinx attire, laid out on a top bunk and greeted with a 'Heeeeeeeeeeeey~'

Valera was an idea driving back from the Feast with Sid and Alexander and I knew I had to do something with a drugged up Sphinx. Do they still give riddles? Do the answers matter? Why is the answer always a goat? Serious discussions.

Ana and Stephanie's two mercenary trolls wearing one pair of pants vs Sid's Count Moko Tano. "Let's get you two back to my place, I have extra pants you can wear" "We're not that type of girl, if you want to get us to come back to your place you gotta get us some mashed potatoes first!", cue the Count sputtering and Eli coming in clutch with a blown of mashed potatoes and two spoons literally half a second later

Getting the mercenary trolls their contract with Tano, and the subsequent conversations. It was tense at that table! Auryn definitely favored Tano vs Tilbane, but was putting that aside for the sake of the trolls. It came very close because not contracts were good, but the ultimate decider was the fact that Tilbane's forces wouldn't feed the trolls and would instead pay them, which didn't feel right... sometimes you gotta go with the gut instinct after all. Auryn's bit on the Social Contract between a noble and the people who live under their rule was important for me to say - that people have work, education, medical care, shelter, and the necessary food provided to them was a sticking point. Auryn had no trust in the Miranda family not scalping the trolls contract money through being the only merchants providing the ability to buy food.

Taug discussion with Sid as the recalcitrant teenage Taug sprawled out in different poses eating the leafy greens (We asked Mags for any extra greens we had left over and it was amazing, thank you Jordan!) we bought and occasionally offering them to the cows. When I heard "I hate it when you're right" it was highly satisfying after I put foward that the feags and taugs really would be better at doing their respective growth aids (agriculture vs animal husbandry) served by working together rather than apart. I was prepared to go into food forest theory if need be but I think Sid chose the better part of Valor of not hearing me ramble about integrated side by side farming practices. Being able to bring Aura and Jeralen along for the ride and having them pipe up occasionally was also really fun. I love involving people in debates and world building, it always ends up making everything more fun for everyone involved.

"My name is Hydrangea with 3 A's, but they're not where you thiiiiiiiink"

Watching the cabal "party" slowly break down as Alexander's monologue went on starting to get progressively more heckled while Tuli was having an emotional breakdown over her brother being the visible head of the cabal. "DAMN IT THOMAS, MOM AND DAD ARE GOING TO BE SO. MAD."

Auryn's post Aura-resurrection talk with Penn. "Wait, what's the Grasp? I thought you were gonna go do some dryad stuff and go talk to the Grass so I just didn't initially question it?"

Last edited:
Also, all the food. Hand pies are arguably one of the best foods ever.

The talk with Koré, Aiden, and Tercero about their findings with Glenn and I. Good RP. :)

Politely reminding Tano that not everyone has good relationships with their parents and that asking for favors relating family should involve asking about how the relationships currently are.

Last edited:
One of my favorite moments was just Calliope bidding an ear at J’rajj’s table. Rengar being all like "don't worry I was a doctor once" and then cutting off Calliope's ear for her.

This was such a fun opener for the season! So here are some of my favorites in no particular order

• The life elemental handing out lifes like candy to those of us refittting
  • Conversations with Desylvia about my strengths and abilities -- Thank you, they meant a lot to me
  • The Griffin Biata and the intensity of the conversation with Roff
    • missing the bracelet 4 times while destroying it
  • Sebastian - IYKYK
  • The Tidewalker's whole Vibe
  • Tuchy!
  • Aura in the Circle and me finding and getting the fam there - all of the RP that went along with it
  • The RP with Phantom about their assassination attempt and their past
  • Mr. Ordinary and being so amused and irritated at him
  • Heinricht coming in clutch for a mod we were very unprepared for

This was a hard event for me to remember everything but I had so much fun, Thank you all for it!

Back