Gavaria Oct Event Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
This weekend was an absolute blast and hope you enjoyed it as well. What were some of your favs?

- Getting to show the perspectives about the Strigoi from 4 different individuals: Trogs, Carbuncles, Valera and GTC. I think the pieces are all there, ready to be put together.
- The Strigoi Blood Reveal
- Steph and I as townies needing disputes settled. "What are your names?" "Violet" "Aqua" ..."of course you are"
- Promoting Aiden, Kore and Iban as Countess Thorn for their renown paths.
- Playing Ris'sunus. I originally wrote them as a small Celestial Plotline for 12 people and Alexander helped to make it a town wide plot line with a 25ft prop monster I got to hit folks with.
- Beans as Anya
- Scotch Eggs
- Revealing Pyrrha the Kitsune and channeling my inner shy librarian
- Durinn's Perm and the lead up to it
- The boat mod was a lot of fun. Trying to drag folks away only for Euthymia to get them back. A small sacrifice for saving so many lives.
- probably more

Last edited:
- Calwin Green's last stand. "First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women. But I didn't want the women, I wanted the necromancy!"
- "Thanks for the poop!"
- Running with Whisper again. The tyrran refugee camp grows.
- The stress and strife of the boat mod. That was so much more brutal than I expected. Love a gnarly combat.
- The inkinyama prop monster! Holy ****!
- Getting saved *again* when I was so damn close to rezzed.
- The divining well undead fight. Dustin' makes me feel good

#1) fighting my first big prop monster. I've heard tales and now I have my own. That thing was incredible, NPCs and fabricators- you all did amazing bringing inkenyama to life!

#2) Calwin Green's demise. "COME TO ME, MY BODY!" immediately followed by "Oh crap..."

#3) Begrudging approval from a creature that could defeat me with a sneeze (Gryphon reacting to adventurers fixing the diving pool of the valley)

#4) Holarix(sp?) mod. "ONE LAST TIME!!!" I hated it. But I loved it. I'm still sore.

Honest compliments to everyone this weekend. First event in a while i felt busy enough. Had a blast and have a good idea of where Kat's place may be for gavaria.

- Booping calwin Green out of existance.
-drippy carbunlkles(sp) from a corrupted tree.
-teaching the adorable baby dragon (Stephanie) how to dodge and evade.
-kat begining to find new friends and allies to aid. With her old guild mostly unavailable it is a nice change to find those she can pester, hang with, and share insite.
-while sad, the battle glorious death Squire Durinn was amazing
-Holy fortanis the monsterious undead at divining pool that Eve now guards.
-"Be the necromancer you were born to be"
-Casting my second ever ritual.

All in all thank you all for a great weekend and look forward to the next time i can come.

"I come from a long line of mother duckers."

Resurrecting for the first time. Wild experience. 10/10, would do again, but like, let's not do it soon.

Inkanyamba fight. That prop monster was so freakin' cool and Aiden will have nightmares about red eyes, 100 massive, and weapon doom for months to come.

Handling the first of my village arbitrations directly after resurrecting. Going from conversing with death itself to two duckers is a lot of whiplash. We also apparently have an epidemic of broken fences that I'll need to look into now that I'm the Reeve.

Having everyone say how cool my armor looked with the chainmail. Makes the back pain I'm feeling right now totally worth it! :)

That boat mod was BRUTAL. I really hope we see Allura again, coming back to avenge her beloved Ris'sunus. She's got a long line of people who want her dead.

Aiden and Durinn's last conversation. Durinn was the first PC Aiden ever met, a friend and a mentor, and now Aiden will carry a reminder of who Durinn was. Incredibly sad, but Durinn's at peace now -- he never got to feel that in life. Can't blame him for wanting that.

Eve demanding that her pool be the venue for Aiden and Korē's future wedding (as well as Glenn and Auryn's) was a hilarious moment. We will miss you, Eve!

Aiden becoming Reeve of his, Korē, and Triska's hometown. He is now "in charge" of people that have known him his whole life, many of whom are elves and sylvanborn. He's got a lot of work to do to continue to earn the title and the respect of the people.

There are a group of people in this community that are showing me a lot of love that I still don't feel like I fully deserve. I'm in the process of writing you a letter as Aiden, so expect that soon. I don't deserve you all.

I had so many.

1. I think I've caught the ritual casting bug. Huge thanks to Roff for supporting me in all of my numerous questions.
2. Doing two resurrections. First Durinn, in which I implored him to kick Aiden's *** when he came back, and then Aiden's, which was incredibly emotional.
3. Walking 23,000 miles in another man's shoes to spirit forge Tel'rendiir into a Celestial scholar.
4. The insane amount of new information and lore we learned about carbuncles, troglodytes, and the strigoi (Specifically Clarissa Bancroft).
5. Being able to complete all my renown tasks and become Lady Kore of Puxil Cove (now I'm much closer to Winter's Rest. Stalwood is fine, but I prefer the north.)
6. Being able to help out when needed, especially keeping in touch with Glenn and Auryn regarding staying on task for preparing to fight the inkanyamba and the Lady of Light (specifically collecting the prismatic pearls)
7. Protecting Tuli with a Cloak of Darkness
8. The final fight. That prop was incredible.
9. Going into Bajran's mind. It was my first time, and it was very interesting.
10. Realizing that Durinn wasn't coming back, but knowing that he went out the only way he wanted: in battle.
11. My ever-widening circle of friends and allies, especially Kat, who has been an invaluable addition in my fight against the strigoi
12. "Glenn, I fucked up." "What happened?" "We committed crimes." "ALREADY????"
13. The reassurance from Baroness Fallingstar that I'm doing okay, it's only my first day.
14. "What're you eating?" "Blood soup." "Ahh, interesting." "What's your blood type?" "Uhhhhhhhh....." And then I guess becoming crew???? Followed by the Holarix fight where we had to keep chasing down spectral beings and fighting a many-legged crab monstrosity until he was satisfied. So much fun.
15. It's so hard to know if you're doing the right thing, or on the right path. But I feel good about where we're going and I'm so ready to take more risks to expose Clarissa Bancroft for what she is.

And as always, getting to see all of your beautiful faces again. Love all of you so much and I can't wait until next time!

This was my first event as junior plot and what a way to start it!

These are in no order other than train of thought as I'm typing.

1. Playing the Lady of Light. I was so nervous that I might make a mistake while playing half of the big bad. But it was great. The epic timing of the killing blow was awesome!
2. Playing the baby dragon is always a joy, but taking all the bacon was a fun addition!
3. Sid coming up to me and saying, "so Stephanie...how would you make a platypus costume?" followed up with me saying, "GIVE ME TIME AND CRAFT SUPPLIES." That whole mod was hilarious and fun.
4. Playing Celeste and having an extremely emotional RP with Sid and Beans. Right before the mod, "you cool with screaming and physical RP, Sid?" Me screaming and pushing Sid and collapsing into tears was intense. I tend to always play silly o clock characters and it was fun to explore that side of larp. Making PCs so invested that they cried was huge! I was nervous about this one because I really wanted us to sell it from an RP perspective and we absolutely did.
5. "I come from a long line of mother duckers" "contrary to the saying, it is difficult to get your ducks in a row" Claire, you were fantastic!
6. My fall during one of the town mods. I rolled a 20 on my dex and just rolled through the fall and bounced back up to avoid a hold and felt like a badass lol
7. NPC camp hot chocolate with Emma!
8. The prop monster was the single most incredible larp prop I have ever seen. Watching it come together over the past months leaves me ever more and more impressed and amazed by Alexander's talents.
9. Although heartbreaking to say goodbye to Alexander, it was beautiful to see standing ovations to him at PC talk. So very warranted.
10. Being trusted to run 2 mods entirely on my own

The compliments I got from fellow plot and NPCs as well as PCs for RP, costuming, and just in general seriously renewed my excitement to be on plot!

I travel a lot but have been NPCing since August. This was also my first real game back in the saddle from heart surgery. And I have to say this was one of the best events all around. I have few complaints and those all stem from me having to leave after the auction on Friday. I wanted to stay the entire time and do more but alas I had to go.

1. Trying to rescue Iban and failing. I was good until Iban sank and then I was like holy **** I'm on my way to my first death. . . Being rescued by town was joyous and I no longer feel like an outsider in Chicago. It's my "home chapter".
2. Cake Bar; I'm glad so many people were able to celebrate their birthdays and have a little bit of fun.
3. Superior equipment for the win. Being able to use a breaching charge against the carbuncle tree was amazing. Even better was how Claire saw where I placed the charge and then dropped the tree right where it would logically fall. . . Right into my friends. (Next time I will make sure to blow the item away from our friends)
4. Warden's I'm so proud of you. You are a fine group of people and have deserved every success.
5. Glen; You are a damn fine leader and find new ways to include everyone in the game. Having your junior nobles step up and help run things really reinforced how hard it is to disseminate information and plan for over 54 adventurers.
6. The auction; props. It was very smooth and thank you for trusting me to help sort and identify the loot before the auction. I really enjoy being able to help out this way.
7. The prop monster was incredible. The costume gave me new ideas, and I just love how immersive Chicago is. Shows me what I need to aspire to as a story and plot person in Atlanta on the costuming side.
8. I appreciate the love and kinship everyone has in the chapter. From our newbies to our veterans everyone is helpful and compassionate on both an in and out of game level.

And a huge shout out as in what makes this game special are the people who sacrifice their game to work out in the kitchen and do dishes and clean up. Thank you!

I was very glad I got to participate! Life has been a lot recently so getting to do any larp for a min was great!

I appreciated plot trying to work with my limited schedule and still fit me in, my IBGA and prep for Tuli as the WaveSinger was my favorite part! Having a twins pic with Alexander is great!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

In the order I remember stuff and then write it down:

- The MASSIVE lore drops this event. While a lot is still cryptic, players have learned a TON.

-Players had INPACT of plot this event. Even outside of the big finale, yall have made serious impacts on next years plot and we gotta get to the drawing board!

-Penn's lil mushroom house

-Aicha having a ritual cast on her Cabrine shield!

-Beans and Steph and their costume and RP commitment.

-New NPCs and PCs were great to have around! Please come back!

-I love my plot team yall. I have the utmost confidence in each of them and all of you are amazing, you've heard me say it but I'm saying it again.

-Prop monster. No other context necessary.

-This event has been a buzz with positive energy, thank you everyone.

-Sam and Jadar simultaneously hitting me with blast pressured Lightning Blast Globes. I take quad from lightning.

-Technically this is after event: players talking about all the stuff they learned this event!

-I hope everyone had amazing event, I did.

Special thanks to Alexander. I'll leave it brief: You are amazing. Thank you. I'll see you around.

-Sid

I had such a blast at this event and so I have lots of favorites

- Doing SCIENCE and it working out great!
- Which lead me to feel really REALLY cool in one mod that I was able to use a weakness to take no damage from something

- Meeting all the new to me people and making friends (particularly Whisper, Kalinor, and Rictor)

- The emotional trauma from Sid, Stephanie, and Beans

- The Inkenyama fight. Everything about it but especially pairing up with Fox and being a deadly team that pops up where needed and picking each other up

- Following that fight; beating Heinricht to the big loot drop for the first time ever purely because I wanted to look for Euthymia's load stone

- Boat mod, hard as it was to watch people I care about die it was fun and led to some intense RP for me

- The conversations I had with Aiden and the one I had with Roff

- Fixing the pool that Eve now guards

- Meeting Pyrrah, she's gonna get some great snackies

Last edited:
Getting new nobles! I feel like I have a team to work with again which is Incredible. Glenn has stepped up a lot to prevent me from completely melting down but now we get to take turns now so we can all have fun again!

It's only been two years of asking for more elevations but I've gotten to watch new PCs grow into seasoned players and new leaders AND I'M SO PROUD OF YOU ALL

Also getting to see a prop monster on its first round out for once with the Inkanyamba. So. COOL. Good job Alexander!

Cake bar!

Last edited:
Back