General crafting and alchemy specific points questions

James Trotta

Spellsword
Diversity Committee
When you buy a production skill, you get 1 crafting point for 2 purchases and 1 ability point for each purchase?

For example: Alchemy 20 (I'm trying to build around effective antidote)

I get 10 crafting points and 20 ability points.

10 crafting points: I can make 2 antidotes and have 2 points left.

20 ability points: 2 for globe proficiency, 4 for globe superiority, 6 for effective antidotes, and 8 leftover.

Yes, with a caveat and an addendum.

Your 10 Production Points that you get for your 20 ranks can be doubled with a workshop, but can only be used at Logistics, so if you spend 8 on 2 Antidotes, the leftover 2 points are gone, unless spent on something else.

If your aim is to maximize antidote creation, you can drop the remaining 8 ability points into Craft Adventuring Equipment and get another 2 Antidotes, plus be able to turn in appropriate Crafting Materials for more, or spend 4 on CAE for another Antidote, 2 on Recycle to swap out other Alchemy Items for Antidotes, and 1 on Cure for What Ails you to give you some ranged healing.

If I understand it correctly, you get 1 point of "free" Adventuring Equipment at each Logistics Period for every even number of Crafting Ability you have purchased (i.e. 1/2 you Crafting Ability skill rounded down). That's free and doesn't require any work on your part aside from buying the Skill.

You can then spend your Crafting Skill ability points into whatever you like, including Create Adventuring Equipment in order to get more Adventuring equipment. The free Logistics Period Adventuring Equipment is separate from anything you actually do with your Crafting Ability - it's just a synergy based on how many levels you're purchased.

Your example is correct. With 20 Alchemy, you get 10 points of free Adventuring Equipment per Logistics Period. You can then spend your 20 Alchemy points anyway you like.

Thanks! I think I'm catching on. Let me try another example - does this all look correct?

I have alchemy 20 and get 10 crafting points and 20 ability points.

Day 1:

2 for globe proficiency, 4 for globe superiority, 6 for effective antidotes, 2 for recycle (turn in 10 paralysis gas for 20 antidotes), 6 points for craft adventuring equipment.

16 crafting points: make 4 more antidotes

Day 2: I’m expecting trouble

2 for globe proficiency, 4 for globe superiority, 6 for effective antidotes, 8 for craft adventuring equipment.

18 crafting points: make 2 amnesia

I'm separating into daily buckets to ensure I totally understand what you're doing. I don't believe your second day works out.

First Logistics Period:
Free Equipment:
-20 Alchemy Skill gives 10 points of Free Adventuring Equipment: 2 Antidotes (4 CP per); remaining 2 points lost

Skill Choice:
-20 Alchemy: Alchemy Glob Proficiency (2); Globe Superiority (4); Recycle (2); Effective Antidotes (6); Craft Adventuring Equipment x6 (6)

Crafting:
-Round 1: CAE 4: 1 Antidote (4)
-Round 2: CAE 2 + 2 CM: 1 Antidote (4)
-Round 3: 4 CM: 1 Antidote (4)
-Round 4: 4 CM: 1 Antidote (4)
Total Crafting for the Period (including Free equipment): 6 Antidotes, costing 10 CM

Second Logistics Period:
Free Equipment:
-20 Alchemy Skill gives 10 points of Free Adventuring Equipment: 1 Amnesia (9 CP); remaining 1 point lost

Skill Choice:
-20 Alchemy: Alchemy Glob Proficiency (2); Globe Superiority (4); Effective Antidotes (6); Craft Adventuring Equipment x8 (8)

Crafting:
-Round 1: CAE 8: Amnesia costs 9 - cannot build. CAE unpsent.
Total Crafting for the Period (including Free equipment): 1 Amnesia, costing 0 CM

2 for globe proficiency, 4 for globe superiority, 6 for effective antidotes, 2 for recycle (turn in 10 paralysis gas for 20 antidotes), 6 points for craft adventuring equipment.
Because you have only 6 ranks of CAE, you will not get full CM value for the Paralysis globes. They will only recycle into 4 CM each, not 8.

Now I get it. The free equipment and the craft adventuring equipment can't be combined at all - two separate pools. So first I get 10 points of free stuff. Then I use ability points (and maybe use some ability points to craft).

With recycle and 6 CAE, can I trade in 2 enfeeble globes for 3 antidote?

Now I get it. The free equipment and the craft adventuring equipment can't be combined at all - two separate pools. So first I get 10 points of free stuff. Then I use ability points (and maybe use some ability points to craft).
Yes. Two completely separate transactions.

With recycle and 6 CAE, can I trade in 2 enfeeble globes for 3 antidote?
So, sort of.

If you have CAE 6 and Recycle, you can trade in the Enfeeble globes for 6 CM each, then you would use those CM to fuel the CAE ranks to build Antidotes (or anything up to 6 PP in cost).

Back