General Info

Telcor

My wife and I are interested in joining LARP in Ascension in New Milford, PA. I believe the first event we can attend is in September. Are there more married couples that we could engage with to ensure maximum enjoyment and participation? Is there any one specific we can talk with to get a better grasp of where we could fit in? Is there any specific Player Characters that are needed to add cohesion to the group?

Hello Telcor, and welcome! To speak with the community as a whole, I would highly recommend joining our Discord where we field questions, roleplay, and generally hang out between games. You can find that server here: https://discord.gg/KYTPQGScDd. You're more than welcome to direct message staff on that platform if you wish with questions as well. We have a decent amount of players so I personally wouldn't say we need any particular kind of player, but I highly recommend going to our website (alliancenepa.com) and reading our New Player section and well as our Lore to help you get oriented. Using this, you can have a springboard for the kind of character you construct and play.

My wife and I are interested in joining LARP in Ascension in New Milford, PA. I believe the first event we can attend is in September. Are there more married couples that we could engage with to ensure maximum enjoyment and participation? Is there any one specific we can talk with to get a better grasp of where we could fit in? Is there any specific Player Characters that are needed to add cohesion to the group?
To add to what Kate said here, not all are married but you would certainly not be the only couple there. Some folks work it out in their backstory and are together in-game in their backgrounds and some play out that romance. Some married couples have characters who are in trade rivalries, separate teams, etc. It all depends on what the best fit is for you.

As far as cabin/tenting accommodations, it certainly would be up to you. Tents are allowed, be advised it can get rather windy out there at the event park. The cabins have plain bunks and sleep a decent number of people. If you want privacy, you wouldn't be the only person to get a hotel off-site, and if you have an RV/pop up camper I would talk to the owner about thoughts and expectations.

Be all you can't be, we're happy to have you.

Back