GenghisCon, Feb 13-14, 2015

Traceroo

Rogue
Alliance Denver is planning another appearance at GenghisCon, a local gaming convention in Aurora, on Friday, February 13, and Saturday, February 14. Alliance will have a table to give out information about our game. We'll also be running four demonstration modules, two on Friday, and two on Saturday.

Last year, GenghisCon was one of the best shows for Alliance, where we met several of our now most enthusiastic players and volunteers. We're looking forward to this year's appearance as again once of the most important conventions of the year for our fantastic game! We welcome help from any willing volunteers, will reward richly for that help -- and if nothing else, please drop by our table to say hello! Here's the low down:

WHERE
Radisson Aurora, 3155 S. Vaughn Way, Aurora, CO 80014
In theory, the Alliance table will be right outside the dealers room.
Module location will be available at the table once we get that space assigned to us.

WHEN
Modules: Fri and Sat, 2:00 pm, and 7:00 pm
Table: Fri, Noon to 5:00 pm / Sat: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

HOW YOU CAN HELP
Modules need NPCs, especially the Friday 2:00 pm slot if you're available.
Please contact Cory Williamsen on Facebook to let him know which module days/times you can NPC.

The table is very small, and will only accommodate a few people working there at any one time. I'm coordinating that effort -- We have enough volunteers signed up for that already. Please do stop by to say hi, and share a few fun war stories with interested potential new players, though!

You will not need a badge from the convention to volunteer for Alliance. Badges are necessary only to check out the dealers room, and participate in the convention's sponsored games. Alliance will have a limited number of day badges available as further rewards for volunteers. Please inquire about that with Cory if you'd like to get in on that action.

REWARDS!
Your volunteer time at GenghisCon will be awarded with both Dragon Stamps and Goblin Stamps. Dragon Stamps are a highly valueable currency of reward in Alliance. Volunteering to work at conventions is the easiest way to earn Dragon Stamps. Goblin Stamps are great for buying potions and other equipment for your character at events, or buying Experience Point blankets for up to 3 past events if you were already a paid Member for that term. The amount of your award of either Dragon Stamps or Goblin Stamps is variable for working at the show, and commensurate with the number of module runs/hours you work, and your effort while volunteering. It's phat loot, though, and totally worth it!

CHECK OUT THE SHOW
GenghisCon is just the right size for you to get into some great games, try out new table-top systems you haven't played before, explore some of the LARPs running there like sending your gamer friends to the Alliance demos, and checking out the evening runs from Turn of the Card, run by members of our very own Order of the Vigilant. The dealers room has items and costuming aimed toward an audience of gamers, and it's like the only show in the world where you can actually walk right up to the Chessex booth without having to go all elbows and knees just to buy some pretty dice.

Please drop by the Alliance table on Friday and Saturday to say hello! Tell your gamer friends both about the convention, and the four Alliance demo modules we're running over Friday and Saturday. Get your friends to come check out our game and see what you've been chattering about all this time!

I look forward to seeing y'all there!

Trace Moriarty

Sorry if I weren't clear, Jonathan -- All the module times need volunteers, especially the 2:00 pm Friday slot. Please contact Cory Williamsen on Facebook to sign up.

Thanks!
Trace

I would like to volunteer for the 7pm Friday module. Makeup, costume and props will be available, just like at the events?

Also I would like to help with the 2pm Saturday mod but I don't want to have to make 2 back and forth trips to Denver in 2 days. I don't suppose anybody would have a couch I can crash on for Friday night?

Back