Getting answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billin

A tall elf storms into the Earth Weavers Enclave. Looking around he spots an attendant at the front desk and stomps up to it. "You have to fix this!" He yells pointing to himself, "Or someone here must be able to!"

The attendant, an older human woman, glances up from her work and arches an eyebrow at you incredulously, before it is replaced by a sweet, albeit forced, smile.

"All I see is an elf before me, sir. Granted, a handsome, but rather vexed one. I fail to see the issue here." Her smile twists into a slight smirk at her own joke, and she looks up at the attendant standing next to her. "What do you think?"

The other earthweaver, an elf, stops working and looks at you.

" I do have some herbal tea. It is said to have some calming properties and that may help you sir.
You seem to be pointing at yourself as the problem you are trying to solve. I am afraid that is a very challenging one to fix. Perhaps you can ask the Arcane Sanctum to send you to an uninhabited plane. That would at least restrict the effect of this issue."

After taking a deep breath the elf says somewhat more calmly "the issue is that I am not an elf, I am a dwarf and my name is Billin Silverton. I woke up this morning in this elven body. This is obviously a magical malady, and there should be someone here that can fix it."

" It makes more sense now. Is this change permanent? If so, it would require a bit of work from you to make it possible to race change you back to being a dwarf. You need the race change ritual scroll, all the required reagents, The catalyst, a circle of power and obviously someone to cast the ritual."
After a second
"Or you may consider staying that way"

"Permanent?" Billin says raising his voice again, "this better not be permanent! I don't even know what has caused this!"
After another calming breath Billin asks the elf "how much would all those ritual things cost?"

"Gold. Lots, and lots of gold. And even more, if you cannot provide your own caster. The Earth Weavers are here to help, but we are not a complete charity." The human attendant chuckles. "So, really, you could consider staying that way, yes. Definitely less hair to manage."

"That being said, if you ever were a Dwarf, and indeed have been race changed using a ritual, and not simply not losing your mental faculties, you should remember accepting the change. Unless you were drunk. Verrrry drunk."

"But since you say you 'woke up this way' - in your own bed, I am presuming- and not here with us in a resurrection circle as your 'normal' dwarf self," she smiles, but you can see the doubt in her eyes, "a part of you must have wanted this."

"No part of me wants this!" Billin yells, once again losing his temper. "I haven't been anywhere near a ritual circle since..." Billin then trails off as he remembers the events of 8 months ago.
"I must be off, thank you for your assistance." Billin says with a curt nod and as quickly as he arrived the elf departs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back