Getting ready for the next season!

Drakenfist

Next season is coming up and its time to start getting ready! I plan to start training to get in shape! No more wanting to pass out when a long fight goes on! Hoping to start running to get my endurance up and practicing with my new weapons to get used to them!

How do you all get ready? Or do you at all? Any tips?

Good for you!

The various couch-to-(some run distance) programs are nice.

A nice Larping-specific skill is being able run for 5 min straight. (The I need a life spell for my friend, but that guys back in town, run)

-Joe

Last edited:
I'm with Joe on couch to 5k. Leg work is another one, I tend to carry a bunch of crap on me when I'm pcing. Squats, lunges, etc all go a long way to just being able to endure hours of larping. But, I don't really think you can go wrong with any kind of workout.

Other chapters are starting, or have already started. So checking out their games goes a long way, since you'll be in the habit of fighting, and already playing for the season. Larping tends to pretty good exercise as long as you're around moving and fighting. And if you want to get better at something, the best way to, is to just do more of it.

Also, I find it inspiring to update my costume, as a reminder of what's coming up. And to get excited. So I buy my self something nice usually in between seasons.

I bought a new mantle, so I'm getting a bit of a secondary costume. I always keep my open for sales on http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/

Oooo! Dark knight has much of the same looks as Medieval Collectibles, but it has more in the female clothes! I'll def be looking there!

Squats and sprints
I started with like 2 100 m a day and worked up from there in distance and length.

I usually find pretty nice stuff at thrift stores, but sizing is always limits

That's my secret, I'm always LARPing!

To keep my fighting skills up, Joe and I spar in our backyard. It's harder in the cold, but some of our events are super cold so it toughens the hide to take those stinging hits...to a point. Good luck with the work outs!

Loving the ideas! I hope to try and get some of the work out ideas a try, and a few of us are getting together for weapons training! Of course as we start doing it regularly, others will be welcome! May even add roleplay to it as well!

Back