Glowing Selunari Gems

Banradi

Adept
Hey Everyone,

Has any Selunari out there thought about making one or more of their gems glow?

I've tried experimenting with a couple of different face/body paints, but it just doesn't hold up to much of anything at night, even with a whole day of charging in the sunlight (even the ones that say you don't need a UV light).

Right now I've been looking into some sort of gem prosthetic with a LED light already built in.

Has anyone had any luck or just ideas about this in general? Thanks!

Best,
Ian

LED or ewire is your best bet, but if making the gem and unable to wire it, go with glow-worm powders. They're the best I've found for holding "charge".
https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/glow-worm/

Edit: Could also do a combo...LED run through a glow-worm infused gem so if the LED goes out, you still have glow. :)

I'd probably go with something like casting a resin gem with the LED embedded in it, probably combined with a a headband you can hide a coin battery setup in.

I had made the guts for one a while ago (can't find the prototype now). Basically it was taking a single LED from an LED tape light and putting it on top of a small watch battery. It would have been small enough to fit into one of the resin gem molds I have. I hadn't worked out replacing the battery but have had other projects taking precedence.

I'd probably use one of these. I'm wiring a couple into a miniature gaming piece I'm working on, and they're pretty decent to work with.

I'd probably use one of these. I'm wiring a couple into a miniature gaming piece I'm working on, and they're pretty decent to work with.

I'm trying to locate one that we use in the theater that is just like this except the LED is directly connected to the battery holder where the wires are leaving.

Back