Golem stored/Hit By Obliterate or Shatter Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Count
In the event a character in a golem is hit by Obliterate or Shatter Spirit, is the golem left behind untouched?

The target for Obliterate/Shatter Spirit is the Spirit. Therefore, under normal circumstances, I would rule that the golem would remain.

That said, I do not know how I would rule a Regenerated character Body Stored in a golem getting hit by an Obliterate/Shatter Spirit. I need to think on that.

Upvote 0
per the oblit scroll:

This ritual forces the target to immediately dissipate and resurrect as if it had suffered three deaths.

(The rest of the scroll talks about what you do once your body dissipates based on whether or not you are regenerated, CSS'd, Curse of Undeath'd, etc. This same language exists on the Shatter Spirit scroll, quoted below this.)

This ritual forces the target to immediately dissipate and resurrect as if it had suffered a single death.

When a target takes an Oblit/Shatter Spirit, the body is destroyed regardless of its state if it has a spirit; if asked to rule on the field, I'd say that the golem would dust as the body is immediately dissipating as that term is only used in reference to a body in our game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which is partially the reason for my question. The body isn't the target, the spirit is, in the same way a Death spell doesn't damage armor.

(Well, maybe not the same way, but I think you understand my meaning).

Upvote 0
I said what I did based on previous rulings of similar questions. Such as "Q: If I Spirit Recall while in a golem does the golem go with me? A: No. The target of the ritual is the Spirit, therefore only things attached to the Spirit travel with the Spirit." Therefore, I assume the reference to dissipation is specific to the character's body (whether it is somewhere else or Body Stored inside the golem), not the Magic Item in which their Spirit currently resides.

However, the Obliterate scroll does have specific rules related to Controlled Spirit Store, Curse of Undeath, and Transform to Greater Undead listed (even if they are intuitive and a little redundant). It would make sense to me that clarification regarding Spirit Store inside a Master Construct also be included. Such a clarification would likely require ARC action.

Upvote 0
I was just thinking about this the other day, and what Alavatar said makes sense to me, but to be 100% certain I agree that an ARC ruling is needed. I would be happy to post it up there for you guys (let me know). :)

Upvote 0
Just posted to ARC.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back