Good, Happy energy needed!!!

*BIG SIGH* I have to go into surgery for a partial historectamy. (I'm aware that I may not have spelled that right). Any advice for prepareing myself, or any happy thoughts would be greatly helpful. I'm a little scared. I'm just glad it's not the full-blown deal. So, any advice, tips, or ideas?

Sorry to hear, but you know you have friends here. Science is pritty cool, you'll be back swinging pipe before you know it.

Hope to see you soon.
--bill

Hysterectomies are pretty routine nowadays. And the fact that you're in good shape means you'll heal even faster.

**hugs** you'll be fine hon.

Any surgery is important in the life of the patient. Any abdominal surgery is major surgery. I have faith (as should you) that the surgeons and supoprt staff know what they are doing. I'm sure they've done this kind of surgery many, many times before.

However, I am also sensitive to the fact that what this surgery means to YOU is probably the most stressful part of having this surgery. Having any part of your body removed from inside you ... but a part that has so many emotional meanings ...

So, what does a MAN know about this? I know that the women around me who have had this surgery have had all kinds of feelings about gynecological surgeries of all kinds, with all kinds of different feelings and reactions. You are having feelings of your own. Whatever you are feeling, it is good to talk about and share those feelings with the people around you who are important to you and who will listen and provide emotional support to you.

My best wishes go out to you for a speedy recovery and a healthy future.

Happy Holidays and a better New Year for all.

A. Seth Miller

You guys are so wonderful. I knew I had good friends! *wipes tears away* Thank you so much. I will be recovering in Longisland with my mother. This sounds crazy, but my Mother's house always has this sense of calm and magic, so where better to heal up? And bill, you're right. I will be there this season, and the PC's better watch out.... I'm NPC'ing with a vengence! ^_^ I just can't wait to get this overwith.......A real hug would be nice right about now, but the vertual ones work just as well!

Heya Meghan,

I know we only met once at the national event and haven't really kept in touch but our toughts will be with you all the way. When's the surgery so we can send all the best vibes your way?

As Michelle and Seth said, you're young and in good shape so I'm positive you'll breeze by this in no time and recover fully.

If there's anything your Alley-Family can do let us know. :)

Your in our thoughts,

Paul

I wish you all the best of luck with your recovery.
I don't know of anything that could keep you down and i'm sure this wont either.

-Your in my thoughts *hugs*

Ryan

AllianceCHI said:
Heya Meghan,

If there's anything your Alley-Family can do let us know. :)

Your in our thoughts,

Paul

Your so sweet. The surgery date is set for jan 15th. And the funny thing is, I look to my "LARP-family" for understanding and help moreso than friends in my imediate area, because I know some how that you guys get it better than they would. I go in for a pre-screening in 4 days. Wish me luck! *Worry-face*

Well, surgery went really well. I'm still all druged-up and loopy, but I'm getting there. So, after being "knocked out" poked, scooped, and then sewn up again, I'm good! ^_^ I'm feeling better every day, and my stiches come out in 2 weeks! Thanks guys for the support, it realy helps.

Glad to hear it.

Glad you have come through the most difficult part in such good spirits.

Every day it will get better and easier. You can now heal.

My wife is going in to surgery on the 29th for her Thyroid. We're hoping they don't find any cancer. Her prognosis is good, but we're very concerned, none the less. Rita is in good spirits. I'm so glad that I can be there to help her through all of this.

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thyroids are scary things. Best of wishes to her! ^_^

Back