Good people of Fairdale...

Robb G

Baron
Good people of Fairdale,

I wanted to let you know that I have resigned as Guildmaster of the Fairdale Mages’ Guild.

I recently submitted my letter of resignation to the Royal Guildmistress and I wanted to share some of that letter with all of you so that you might know my reasons and a little bit about what I have learned over the past few years by serving in this position.

---

Over the past few years I have struggled to create an organization in the frontier town of Fairdale that would be worthy of days passed when I served in the Ashbury Mages Guild. For a myriad of reasons (some of which are plainly my own failures), these attempts have been unsuccessful. I have experienced a wavering level of communication and support from the Royal Guild itself throughout my tenure and have recently received threatening letters from some of your members after months of non-contact on your organization’s part which I find offensive and incendiary.

More importantly than all of that though, I have recently discovered that I have a child I did not know existed. This discovery has made me reexamine my life’s path and my role with the Guild in Fairdale and abroad.

I would like to close this chapter of my life on a note of scholarship however, as that is how I initially began it in the first place. I have come to the determination that under the current circumstances (population of Fairdale, proximity to the contested lands, military presence, interest in the arcane by the adventuring population and nobility, Guild funding, laws regulating the celestial arts, etc.) the presence of a “Mages’ Guild” in Fairdale is unnecessary.

The presence of a Greater Celestial Circle is useful to His Grace’s reclamation of Trelheim for the purposes of Item and Spirit Identification, but little else.

I would suggest the designation of a “Circle Master” and an apprentice or two for this individual who could be invested or spellcraft-invested into the circle as needed to serve the Court during His Grace’s gatherings at Fairdale.

You may take my advice or not as it suits you, but I thought it only fitting that this be my final report as Guildmaster.

If you have any questions regarding these or other matters, I shall be partaking in the hospitality of His Excellency, Baron Ivan Drake in the estate of Greystone in the Barony of Blythedale until further notice, and can be reached by letter or messenger there. Thank you for your time, and for the pleasure of serving as an extension of your Guild.

May the Stars forever guide you,

- Archwizard Nathan Westwind
Elemental Warden of Icenia

Well said, but some of us like being part of a Mages' Guild, mm?

nathan

i would like to thank you for having me part of the mages guild during your time as guild master. i am sorry i have not been back to fairdale in many months and it looks as if i shall not be back anytime soon. i wish you well in all you do .enjoy the time you have with your child they grow up faster then you can imagine ,i myself have a son who i am raising alone now.

Love the land to which you have sworn fealty

Nathan,

Zis is going to be a good time in your life. Enjoy ze child you 'ave for az Raven zaid zey grow up fast. I 'ope to zee you around ztill.

Lanna

Nathan Westwind,
It has been an honor to share a Circle with you, to learn from you, and to serve the people of Fairedale with you. I apologize for my prolonged absence from the Guild, but I will be attending the upcoming gathering, and I will care for the Circle then.
I believe it is appropriate in human culture for "congratulations" to be given upon the expansion of a family. Therefore, congratulations. For what it is worth, I believe you will make an excellent father.
Peace and long life to you and yours.
Ren Suzume

Nathan,
I must apologies as well for I showed interest in joining your guild, and then I had urgent matters in the veldt to take care of, as a result my presence was missing. Let it be known, that I Kogara, do not feel it was for a lack of trying on your part, but rather a lack of trying from the members that you wished to gather. It is a shame to see a dream fall into the darkness, should there be anything that you need in this time of forsaken shade, call upon me and if I am able to assist you I will.
~Kogara Shanshi

Back