Good Seneshal Damon Tierke

Good Seneshal,

Having made the last marketday and not having seen your messenger I am writing this to make sure he is alive and well.

Aeneaus Solrade

Aeneaus, and other good people,

My apologies for the messanger's late arrival in Rivenside, it is now appearent that due to the natural dangers surrounding the area he did not arrive on the proper day. I have been asked to inform you that Prince Talon will be available to meet with you on May the 22nd of this year at Fort Miller on the eastern edge of Gaden. Safe passage has been arraigned between Rivenside and Fort Miller, and the lands between the two outposts are as safe as we can make any lands so I would expect there to be few problems with travel.

I believe there is a suitable Inn at the Fort that should be able to offer safe lodgings to anyone who takes the Prince up on his offer, and he has graciously offered to cover the cost of basic lodging, but I'd suggest bringing some coin along for food if you do not carry your own.

-Seneshal Damon Tierke

Kobolds too?

-Pik

No, this offer does not apply to thieving monster races.

-Seneshal Damon Tierke

Dhere is nye need for insults, monseiur. Kobolds may oft' be savage and even cruel, but many are nye. In some places I 'ave been, dhey are law-abiding persons who given dhe chance, may be kind wit' much virtue.

Pik, if you have need of lodging, it would be nye problem to share room wit' you.

~Marcey

Its not an insult to call a theif a theif miss, and kobolds are in fact a monsterous race, this is their legal distinction, I'm aware that some enjoy trying to tame these creatures, to keep as pets, or even trained scouts or guard animals, but that does not change their legal status, nor their nature.

-Damon Tierke

In Wayside, Romani are called a monstrous race nye different from kobolds or goblins. How can you know the nature of an entire race off the example of a few cultures? Legal status does nye always reflect the trut', sir.

But I digress. In my dissec----examination...examination of dhese creatures, I have found little evidence in favor of eit'er argument.

~Doctore Marcena Cenkraea "The Dove" Idumean DagonGaddi

Good Seneshal Damon Tierke,

It is good to hear that your messenger did indeed make it into town safely. And I look forward to meeting the crowned Prince and perhaps yourself at the weekend market day. I also have some things I would like to discuss with you in private if that is acceptable to you.

Aeneaus Solrade

Good Lady Marcena,

First off, forgive me as I have been unable to verify any of your newly announced titles, and thus cannot honor them without seeing the proper writs, I'm sure you will understand.

All cultures are judged by the action of their membership, this is why we recognize the orcs of Pratorak as being differnt from their monsterous kin. Just as any citizen of Gaden may lose their status as citizens by commiting crimes or acts against the common good, so could these monsterous races raise their status up through concerted action and good works, kobolds, like so many other races, have shown no interest in such a thing beyond personal reward, and unless things changes significantly I find that unlikely to change.

Of course unless you are a member of the Gaden Military forces there is no requirement to persue any of these races, nor is your common citizen, or traveler charged with keeping any area clear unless they choose to take such a duty of their own accord.

Aeneaus,

I'm afraid my duties keep me quite busy here in Kethunaira, and I cannot spare time with private meetings, I'm sure if you could be more definate on what you would like to discuss I could find someone of the appropriate rank to meet with you at an appropriate time.

-Damon Tierke

Master Tierke,

I look forward to meeting the prince too, I've had to rearange some thing but I think we can make it work.

Fern Woods

What does Prince, have to discuss with 'us'?

Quetzalli

If I may be so bold Seneshal Tierke, I would like to help answer this question...

Quetzalli,

The Crown Prince Talon of Gaden, has taken an recent interest in the rumors of travellers who have crossed the mistwall, and would like them confirmed. He would like to know the numbers of those claiming to have traveled the mist, and would like to meet with those who believe their story to be true, to see if it warrants further investigation by the crown.

McGregor

Some people are still disbelieving that travel through the mists is possible, ehh? Listening in on this ought to be good for a few more laughs!

- Tazoulti Strongbeard.

o o I went through the mist thingy, it was REALLY fun. I wanted to do it again but my aunt wouldn't let me at the time. *pouting*

Quilly

I see. For how many cycles had the mist wall stood? Nothing that we touch is forever.

Quetzalli

Deh spirits, of deh visitors indeed dissappeared into the mist wall, I saw it with mine own eyes and heard their voices far away wit mine ears. If deh mist wall is now like a mist should be then perhaps, it is possible for us to leave dis place as well. Perheps see what is on deh other side of the wall...

Wait, did you say dere is a land were Roma are regarded as no better dan goblins? What sort of uncivilized place is dis?

Sparrow.
Seer of Spirits and Healer or Mortals.

Dear Sparrow,
It is true that there are people of a certain area that believe that Romani are creatures and not beings that need anything more than to be put out of existence. This group of people have taken to violent out breaks to seek out any Romani in the area even if they have to go through a group of adventurers to do it. I have been assualted by these people because of that belief, I am a pure healer and refuse to cast battle magic and wield a weapon, but I find myself having negative views of these people who rather be ignorant and attack the innocent. I have meet goblins, kobalds, elementals, and many other "monterous" creatures yet it is this one group that act like savages and monsters.

Sorry if this seems like a long winded rant, but I grow tired of them and the more others know the great a chance will present itself to disband this group and make them obey the laws.

Quetzalli,

Da Mist 'as protect'd our lands for many life'imes. An wit da fool'ardy killin of da ''Mist Beest" da wall is now no longa able to keep out da dhings dat will rip our lands ta peeces.

-Hengin

Back