Good to be back.

Balryn

For a variety of reasons, I would like to say it was really good being back.

A lot of you know I had some serious medical issues that kept me out of play for most of this year. Some of you know more than others regarding why I was out, but I tend to have kept a 'need to know attitude' on some of the more troublesome personal issues. It was really welcoming to have a good number of walk up and have not only concern about why I gone medically, but to say it was good to have me back at the game. I got a lot of good hugs from people.

I wanted to go out and explain something, as to hopefully not make anyone feel left out. Aside from physical aspects of things, part of my down-time revolved around some pretty severe memory loss that ate up chunks of things here and there. I know there were a few instances this weekend where I couldn't recall a name or a specific item. It doesn't mean I didn't care about you enough to remember your name or the issue at hand, but it was simply struck from my memory (yeah, at 30 a few dead brains cells let me know what alzheimer's feels like). It has no relation to how important you are (I have forgot pieces of my family history that were very personally significant). I firmly believe in a lot more than my accidental memory loss and I've been slowly filling things in here and there.

Some of the aspects of the blank areas 'feel' personaI or of more significance. It is hard to explain really, somewhere between that feeling of deju'vue and wondering if you dreamed something happening. In areas where I couldn't fgure out things I tried circumventing this problem with a few people by writing letters to those I could recall specific items with or needed clarification, for the most part they were answered and things rolled along just fine. Some of them were not answered and I chose not to pursue finding my own personal answers at the event because I didn't want to disrupt people from enjoying the weekend. If I didn't say hello or seemed like I hadn't met you, well... I was probably trying to dig through my memory for why I felt so familiar with you or didn't have any clue to certain aspects of our history. For those instances that were not resolved or if you just want to touch base and reconnect, just PM me here and we'll get coffee (I'm in Portland fairly often, so don't worry about location). I just wanted to say I really appreciated everyone who showed an interest and cared.

I hope that this clears things up a little bit with anyone that I left confused and I'm leaving an open invite to anyone I (somewhat literally) forgot. :)

I also hope everyone had a good game and look forward to seeing everyone again,

~Barry

P.S. This also applies to plot/staff. Sorry for any plot bumps, I specifically stayed clear of several new plotlines this weekend because I didn't know what I would or would not recall until people brought up various different IG topics.

For those who took this wrong, I am glad barry is doing better health wise.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I should have frased it differntly.

Back