Good to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontneednoname

Marshal
Hamish enters the Ogre’s Head in search of a drink after the ordeal of travelling by portal. Upon obtaining suitable libation he settles into his usual seat with his back to the wall and scans the room for familiar faces.

A tired looking Orc walks into the tavern and orders a strong beverage. He hangs his poncho up near the fire and plops down into the sofest looking armchair available. He breathes a sigh of relief and takes a sip of his drink.

Mar walks in and smile spotting the orc "hey zul apparently your reputation as a midwife is getting around. Had a lady looking for you at the masquerade"

Zul'rohk looks up with a look of surprise.

"Goodness, well I may have to check in with The Duchess after all. Sadly I missed the party due to my unexpected calling. I delivered a set of twins the day of, and as much as I do love a good party... I can feel the fates pulling me in a different direction. But I thank you for informing me."

He smiles and tips his drink in Mar's direction. After a few moments he pulls out a quill and some parchment and begins to pen a letter.

Hamish enters the Ogre’s Head in search of a drink after the ordeal of travelling by portal. Upon obtaining suitable libation he settles into his usual seat with his back to the wall and scans the room for familiar faces.

"Knight Hamish!" Jaxx exclaims with a slight bow towards the Commander. "It's good you are back. If you have a moment, I need to discuss a mission with you. One that, for some unknown reason, I seem to have found myself leading for the Home Guard." the Sarr states with an inflection at the end showing a bit of wonderment at his own statement.

Mar chuckles and walks over to Jax over hearing his statement "that Jax is because when that lieutenant first came up he asked me to call on someone I figured I could trust since it was an undercover op that required no known homeguard present" he raises his glass "greetings Hamish nice to see you back in town"

"Knight Hamish!" Jaxx exclaims with a slight bow towards the Commander. "It's good you are back. If you have a moment, I need to discuss a mission with you. One that, for some unknown reason, I seem to have found myself leading for the Home Guard." the Sarr states with an inflection at the end showing a bit of wonderment at his own statement.
Hamish nods in greeting. “Well met, Jaxx. Sit, tell Papa Hamish your problems,” he says with a smile. “Mint tea?”
Mar chuckles and walks over to Jax over hearing his statement "that Jax is because when that lieutenant first came up he asked me to call on someone I figured I could trust since it was an undercover op that required no known homeguard present" he raises his glass "greetings Hamish nice to see you back in town"
“Hello, Mar. Sit. Add your 2 coppers.” Hamish shoves a chair out with his foot.

Jaxx gives a slight glare at his friend. "No, Thank you" he then eases the tension with a smirk. "Well, we seem to have an odd situation. A few months back I was approached to help look into an odd party that was happening in the dock ward. Seems a chap named Victor was planning to meld himself with the spirit of an Illithid." Jaxx waits for a pause and the look on Hamish's face then continues. "We were asked not to harm anyone, so we subdued the individuals there when the Ritual that Victor had begun immediately backlashed. I had thought that Victor was ended, by my blade, but apparently, he is more resilient than I gave him credit for." Jaxx sits back in his chair, stretching breifly. He leans back in. "Then last month word had reached me that several Guard were sent back to his place and were not heard from again. I took T'Ellah, Captain Xamot and Cato with me to investigate. Within we found one living Guardsman, George, I think, who seemed to have been victimized by Victor. Her thoughts were scattered, and she was having issues with her motor skills. We dispatched several undead Guardsman and then were confronted by Victor within a Circle of Power." Jaxx takes a second to let his words sink in. "He tried to attack us with spells through the Circle. Apparently, he has the skill to use spells, but not the knowledge of how they work. Which is very odd. He rifted out and the Circle dropped. We found some books that appear to have him attempting to create a phylactery. I don't think he has the skill to do so, but we need to nip this in the bud."

Mar smiles "well that's a tad more than I had hear before" he says sipping his drink again "Crazy that the party turned into all that. So it sounds possible the backlash from the ritual changed up his abilities gave him those spells he didn't seem to understand. Or maybe given the state of that guard you mentioned that somehow he's got some illithid in him regardless? either way I say good luck taking him down"

"I think he retained some mind bending ability of the Illithid. He can remove the knowledge of individuals, but he lacks the experience and understanding to use them correctly." but, that is what I need to investigate. Jaxx replies.

“The only thing I hate more than illithid are undead, Hamish growls. Looks like I’m getting a twofer. You’ll have my sword on this venture just let me know when and where we gather.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back