GS to Coin

Can you use GS to buy IG money?
and if so can you only do so as your logistics 50 per day or can you just convert GS to Coin when and as much as you want?

I can kinda guess the anwser but figured I would ask anyway

FW

no

you can convert GS to coin at the rate of 1 GS = 1 copper for up to 1 gold (100 GS) at the frst logistics period of a normal weekend event. (cause yeah, it's 50 per day, but you have to do it that first time).

Of coarse, this GS spenditure doesn't stack with using GS for production or anything else. Your max is 100 GS to spend period. on whatever.

or at least that is how i interpretted it from the rulebook.

Actually, yes.

You can exchange gobbies for coin at a rate of one copper piece per goblin stamp.

This is part of the same process as gobbies for production so any coin that you pull counts against the 50 gobbies of production that you can pull per game day of an event.

Yeh I figured it went against the Max of 50 a day at logistics
just wanted to be 100% sure.

Just be aware that you must spend those gobbies on Friday night logistics. You can't do 50 on friday and 50 on saturday.

Robb Graves said:
Your max is 100 GS to spend period.

For production at Logistics your max is 50 gobbies per day of event. Faire Day = 50. Regular event = 100. Long event = 150

As Michelle said, gobbies spent in this manner must be used at the start of the event.

However, don't do it! If you have to use gobbies for physical things (that aren't magic items), use them to buy the items you want, rather then the coin to buy the items. Once you're in game, you're not paying the production cost any more, you're paying 2-3 times that much. Buying the items with gobbies lets you do it for the production point value.

Personally, I think it is many, many times more worthwhile to purchase experience points with gobbies, since those turn into skills your character will always possess, rather then something you use once and is gone.

~Matt, WCV

some chapters charge both IG and OOG money for food
example you pay $8 for the weekend for meals and iG they charge 5sp for a meal
I might want to eat at some point IG

most chapters charge IG money to drink also

Starting characters dont get a lot of coin and trying to buy a few drinks even at 5cp adds up
but yes for buying an item off another player its better to buy it yourself using the logistics 50 a game day and that makes it ruff for players to use there production skills for making money.

Economies are a ruff thing

sounds rough.. why doesn't everyone get everything for free? especially low level people.. what a crappy game... :roll:

Robb Graves said:
sounds rough.. why doesn't everyone get everything for free? especially low level people.. what a crappy game... :roll:

not a complaint just a statement of fact explaining why someone whould want to take money rather then an PP items

and you can go pound sand in your butt

let me explain the Economys are a ruff thing comment.

A player used BP to get say Create potion to make and sell potions he uses his 20 levels of create potion and makes say 4 spell shield potions and trys to sell them for 5 silver a piece

Another player goes to logistics and can take 100 goblin stamps and get 4 spell shield potions and dosnt buy them from the player
he could take 1 Gold piece but he wouldnt be able to afford to buy the same 4 spell shield potions

the Balance I speek of is the balance between Alliance neededing donations to help make events and (I have donated a lot to help out) VS the players who give up build to make stuff to sell.

it is not a statement that the game sucks or is hard just that econmies are ruff to balance vs game balance

I started a new character and was going to be paging I cant kill anything in page status and my new character dosnt know anyone yet if I was to go to say Ohio and drive 6 hours get there at 10pm or later then in the morning want to go to breakfast I wouldnt have the money to buy it!
If I want to buy a drink or two it would be hard for me to do.
so I asked if when you requested to convert GS to coin it would count against your 50 per game day at start of logistics or not

you assumed I was complaing as you seem to do a lot and it is unfair annoying and wrong

nope, just an oppinion. just as I persoanlly think most of what you post is unfair annoying and wrong. see? oppinions.

your original post was fine. a valid question, that recieved valid answers. i don't agree that the PP system makes it hard to make money. I don't think the GS system makes it hard to make money. I think there are lots of ways to make money IG and if you haven't figured them out, that doesn't mean anything about the game or the local IG economy is rough for the main player base... apparently just for you. kinda like everything else you post about... pardon me if i can't take you seriously anymore.

anyway, i'm going to go post about something else now so this doesn't turn into some lame flame war. i don't like feeding trolls.

I will freely admit that I have nothing more constructive to add to this conversation than:

R-O-U-G-H.

Don't worry Michelle.

The only constructive thing I have to add is this:

1. Type your posts in MS Word.
2. Run spell check.
3. Copy and paste spellchecked post into appropriate section of the boards.

This will help with several things.

1. It will make it so people don't physically cringe away from reading your posts due to the headache of muddling through your spelling.
2. It will make it so that people might actually ascribe to your points some validity, as they can understand them.
3. It will help prevent people from thinking that you mean something other than what you mean because you use the wrong word, or miss a word.

I have an add-on for Firefox that spell checks fields for me. I had it in IE too, before I switched. It's free, and a quick install.
(I don't like typing replies in Word for some reason.)

Frank Wiccan said:
if I was to go to say Ohio and drive 6 hours get there at 10pm or later then in the morning want to go to breakfast I wouldnt have the money to buy it!

Its not like I'm going to let you starve. While I know this isn't the point of your comments people without money have traded services (especially cleaning dishes, serving, cleaning up after disgusting guests...) and started Tabs to cover meal costs or just made friends with the locals who have way to much money. :) There. Tavern Policy Defended. Back to whatever the hell you were all talking about...

Or, you know, just cook yourself if you don't feel like paying the tavern.

Wraith said:
Or, you know, just cook yourself if you don't feel like paying the tavern.

You've obviously never eaten in an Ohio Alliance Tavern if you suggest such blasphemy.

again im not complaining *sigh*
Ohio was just an example Could have said CT instead and who knows what other chapters
I know you wouldn't let me starve Quinn (you Ohio guys are the best!) actually I could skip a meal or two or three.
I was just giving a reason why someone would want to change GS to Coin lets instead say you want to get into a poker game the first night and don't have any money so you convert GS to Coin
or some one is selling an item and you need a few more Silver to get it

and last NJ event I helped cook for everyone the entire weekend putting in over 40 hours and making enough money to set me up for a long while.

Back