Guard Duties....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goos12

So the morning has come again, it's been 2 weeks since I've been task with the guarding the 2 Mages as we travel the realms. It's not like they couldn't handle themselves; hell the old one cooked me like a roast pig the last time. It sure has been interesting traveling with these two as it gave me a chance to hone some of my skills. It seems there is always something wanting to attack on the road, they hardly even get close before they catch on fire or gets zap. On the occasions when the old one doesn't want to do anything I get to go play, I've been swinging this hammer so many times that it now feels like it an extension of my body.

2 more weeks to go before I get to return to the outpost to settle a debt with 2 sleazy scums who has know idea who they are messing with. I've bested one in true combat and the other throws down his weapon to surrender. It make me sick to think we share the same ancient blood, I guess tribesman of the north are far more superior than any other. 2 weeks to go and there will be blood... I hear howling. Time to play!

A crackle of lightning errupts over Goos' shoulder

"Bah, young barbarian, always running off. One day you'll learn that when you hurl the power of Arcana that you needent expend so much excercise chasing things!" ArchMage Az'Caine calls from a few feet behind. "I know these past few weeks have been... agrivating.. to you and you will indeed be able to reclaim your honor. You have been more diligent in your schooling than I thought. 'suppose I owe the King that Gold peice afterall. But I know that there is no way you could have stolen some stupid trinkets from that band of gypsies. Unless your mother reared another just like you and sent him along?"

"What surprised me the most is that one skirt wearing lass, who said on their honour, her clan's honour and all that! I can tell ya one thing Goos, Barbarians value their honour above all else. Woe is that one should e' be found to be lyin to save her skin. Never new the Middenvalen barbarians to toss away their weapon and concede a fight. I'll have to ask that Hamsih fella if his clan knows the other ones'."

For now, let's head back to Calanhelm and see what the King needs with that Witch. I hope it's to tell her he's not believing her "visions" and other nonsense.

Az'Caine's limp is a bit more pronounced this day than before.....

"You do take the fun out of killing things." Goos said over his shoulder. How does it feel to hold that much power within one self, the old one is truly to be revered. Goos thought.

" Yes, we should go. The day is getting late and I'm in need of a good meal. I also was very surprise and angry as the one with the skirt throws his weapon down, for us North-man the only way we let our weapons out of our hands is so we can grip the cold hands of death. It has been... as you put it aggravating to say the least, but I was raise to never fight defenseless women."

"From the last fight that I saw, the king seems to be quite a formidable fighter. Once he's finish with the gypsy I would like to ask him to spar with me, sharpening up my skills before the festival."

Goos notice the limp in the old one steps. Guess even wielding all that power, time is still something we all can't fight.

Goos approaches the Archmage. "Have you made preparations for the travel back? I'm a little restless here in the city, there's too many rules and regulations and I haven't had a good fight in weeks. There are so many things that i don't understand.

the Archmage nods to Goos "Fairly certain all my meetings and duties in Calanhelm are finished. Never get into a position of power boy. Endless meetings! The Sanctum resides in all territories, and that means an endless stream of Magus' that need my attention and overseeing. Elves, Hoblings, Saar, even the odd High Orc and High Ogre from the Brightlands some a knocking at the door. But at least I get away for a day to the tournament. I am truly interested in seeing how the Sanctum casters fare in the tournanment! The King is looking forward to the respite as well I imagine. Bringing the tournament out to the Breach is a very interesting move. Lots of people moving through that trade route this week in preperation. There is even a caravan of goods heading up to re-supply. I hear the King hired up some new recruits to protect it. Even gave them a stack of protections and a handful o' Comets like when he sent up the first wave months back.

Now to get some scrolls prepared and review my spells. It's going to be a very interesting event....."

"Yes I think so as well and it gives me a chance to test my skills against the others. Is the female Mage coming as well? She's been pretty quite the entire trip here and I haven't seen her since we arrived.""Anyhow when you are ready to leave send for me and i will wait for you at the Gate."

A messenger arrives. He looks very nervous as he cautiously approaches Az'Caine and Goos.

"I have a message from the Fatespinner for you." He says as he holds out a rolled peice of parchment bearing the seal of the Earthweavers.

" I suppose you need me to read that Goos?" Az'Caine states more then asks with a chortle. He unrolls the message.

he waves away the messenger with a single gesture and a look of annoyance. He begins to read the message.....

"Archmage Az'Caine, Squire Goos,

My sincere apologies for my absence. Urgent Earthweaver business has kept me in the enclave these past few weeks. I will join you again at the portal upon our return to Parson’s Breach. I look forward to the Tournament of Crows this coming weekend. It will be a most welcome distraction.”

Zanthia,
Fatespinner of Calendonia”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back