Guild Points Update Penhayir 1008

Artos

Artisan
Code:
Active                   Dep/Mar    Tal/Apr    Azt/May    Urt/Aug    Wel/Sep    Kai/Oct    Tal/Apr    Azt/May     Pen/Jun    Banked
Artos (apprentice/head)  -/-/-      3/3/0*I    10/8/2     10/8/4     10/8/6*A   10/10/0    14/10/4    16/10/6*J   16/10/6*J  22
Noldrik (journeyman)     6/5/1      6/5/2      10/10/2    10/10/2    10/10/2    10/10/0    10/10/0    14/10/1     4/10/0     -3
Brander (initiate)       6/5/1      6/5/2      5/5/2      5/5/2      5/5/2      12/10/2    8/8/0      18/10/8     12/10/2*J  12
Grub (initiate)          4/3/1      3/3/1      19/8/12    5/8/9      5/8/6*A    12/10/2    8/8/0      12/10/2     12/10/2*J  10
Artalon (initiate)       -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-*I    0/0/0      0/0/0       0/0/0      0
Drak (initiate)          -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-*I    8/8/0      10/8/0      14/8/6*I   8
Auric (initiate)         -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-*I    8/8/0      10/8/0      14/8/6*I   8
Lyle (initiate)          -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-*I    0/0/0      0/0/0       14/8/6*I   6
Edaem (initiate)         -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-*I    0/0/0      10/8/0      0/0/0      2
Isego (initiate)         -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-      -/-/-*I    8/8/0      10/8/2      10/8/2*I   4

Numbers breakdown
E/N/B

E = Points earned
N = Points needed to maintain or advance
B = Additional points added to bank

*I=joined guild as initiate
*A=eligible for promotion to apprentice
*J=eligible for promotion to journeyman
*T=eligible for promotion to tradesman
*M=eligible for promotion to master
*G=eligible for promotion to guild master

Breakdown of points awarded for last gathering:
Artos:
  • For guild hours served (contract collections and turn ins, defense of locals): 12 points
  • For defense of the town against the murderous dragon and assistance to the Red Back Spider matriarch: 4 points
  • Total points: 16, 8 to maintain current rank or 10 to advance, 6 additional added to bank
  • **Eligible for promotion to Journeyman**
Noldrik:
  • For guild hours served (administration): 4 points
  • Total points: 4, 10 to maintain current rank or 13 to advance, -3 in bank
Brander:
  • For guild hours served (assistance to Gemcutters, defense of locals): 8 points
  • For defense of the town against the murderous dragon and assistance to the Red Back Spider matriarch: 4 points
  • Total points: 12, 8 to maintain current rank or 10 to advance, 2 additional added to bank
Grub:
  • For guild hours served (assistance to Gemcutters, defense of locals): 8 points
  • Total points: 12, 8 to maintain current rank or 10 to advance, 2 additional added to bank
Drac:
  • For guild hours served (contract turn ins): 10 points
  • For Deadwalk participation, Days of Life and Death: 4 points
  • Total points: 14, 5 to maintain current rank or 8 to advance, 6 additional added to bank
  • **Eligible for promotion to Initiate**
Auric:
  • Total points: 14, 5 to maintain current rank or 8 to advance, 6 additional added to bank
Lyle:
Isego:
  • For guild hours served (contract turn ins, defense of locals): 6 points
  • Total points: 10, 5 to maintain current rank or 8 to advance, 2 additional added to bank
Tithes paid (tithes are only paid by those of journeyman rank or higher)
Artos: 0 silver paid, 0 owed
Brander: 0 silver paid, 0 owed
Noldrik: 2 silver paid, 0 owed
Grub: 0 silver paid, 0 owed
Drac: 0 silver paid, 0 owed
Auric: 0 silver paid, 0 owed

New Policy
Per direction we have received from the local guildmasters, we will be instituting a practical exam for rank advancement beyond Initiate.

These are the proposed practical exams at this time (note that they are still awaiting approval by guild administration):
  • Journeyman: Provide assistance to another guild and receive a letter of commendation from the ranking guild member associated with said assistance
  • Tradesmen: Name and complete a quest approved by an Adventurer's Guildmaster
  • Master and Guildmaster to be determined at a later date

I know I am not apart of this guild but I have a concerning question. It seems a little, well, off for someone to gain points for a guild they are already apart of. No offense to anyone in the guild but using myself as an example. If I had this system for the clothiers guild and to become a journeyman had to assist with another guild and I assisted another guild I bade loyalty and servitude to, it seems like a double dip in my opinion. Then it also double dips that guild because they reap benefits there. Shouldn't the service and wealth be spread? And the education and influence? I am sure if this was the case I would benefit more to help adventurers guild or even hearth and home as well as they would.

But again, it's not really a business that my muzzle needs to be in. It's really just food for thought.

One of the major goals of the Adventurer's Guild is to provide assistance to those who are members of another guild. For lack of a more polite way to put the point, members of the Adventurer's Guild are mercenaries for hire. If they are doing their job and working for the other guilds, they can receive points for that activity as that's exactly what we want them to do.

The Journeyman assistance mission letter cannot come from a member of the guild of which they are already a part, nor will the quest named by a Guildmaster likely be associated with another guild to which a member owes allegiance.

If I may,

I applaud this direct effort to spread collaboration through the guild houses.

If one of your members happens to synergize their efforts between guilds, they should most certainly be rewarded appropriately. If for nothing else, than for the very act of bringing collaboration among guildhalls. Particularly among the traveling Houses, such as ours.

Happily, thanks to the wisdom of Guildmasters past, the very fact that one may only be an officer in a single guild makes "double dipping" a moot issue. Presence and directly applying skills, particularly with sister guilds as allies, should be encouraged immensely.

Should one of your members approach the Apothecary Guild in this respect, I will be most happy to discuss forward moving efforts that may be taken.

--Thaumaturge Azraq

I must have misread what I thought I was understanding on which I apologize and take back what I was trying to understand. On which I also thank you for the clarity as well and your time to do so.

I do agree they should get points on any adventuring mercenary task. As well as agree the mission letter should be from a guild which they are not a member. I like to see all beings, not just adventures guild, reach out to all groups to gain knowledge and wisdom as well as help each other.

Honestly the real control on what Zimps is speaking to here is the limitation on how high you can rise in a second guild.

Simon Neville

Back