Guilds and groups in HQ

Hail

Would anyone be so kind and name some of the guilds and groups in the HQ?
there is safty in numbers and Finding a guild or group would help a newbie like me :)

FW

Frank,

THis is an IG question. It's best if you either ask on the IG board or, better yet, find out for yourself at the event!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Frank,

I will give you the advice that was given to me when I first started.

Your first event should be one of exploration and observation.

Watch how certain races interact.

Learn the names of various nobles, guilds, and advenurering groups.

Get to know the names of important people (guild heads, adventurering group members, and any people you think your character will interact with at some time.)

Also, there are many people who are willing to help you, especially help you learn the skills needed to advance your character.

As for your question on guilds and groups, I will give you one hint.

Look for people whose colors match.

People who have similar colors on or are wearing a certain type of jewelry or are always grouped together are usually some type of group.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim's right. The first game can be the most exciting one you'll ever play. Everything is new, mysterious, and if you're lucky, scary. I would not suggest trying to play your character like someone who has been in Fairdale all along and would know everyone and everything, because you yourself wouldn't so it would be too difficult. But if you play it like your character is just arriving, then great, that's the easiest thing to role play, you don't know anyone or anything, so you can simply be hoenst when you get there and find out for yourself.

I will be playing like I jsut got off the boat literaly :)

Be fair everyone. He is asking a question that could be answered with an up-to-date Player's Guide. Now, it is nobody's fault that the Player's Guide is out of date (really, it isn't possible for it to be updated constantly), but the information contained in it is supposed to be relatively "common knowledge".

And, what he asked was NOT an IG question. It was an OOG question about that "common knowledge". I would expect that a player who regularly plays their PC and is up to date on the information would be polite enough to answer it.

I'll do my best, though I am, admittedly, a tad out of date.

There is a Healer's Guild and a Mage's Guild (for earth and celestial casters respectively). There is a Sage's Guild (for nerds). There are 2 or 3 active baronial courts and a ducal court. There are a number of well known adventuring groups. Anyone who grew up in or near Ashbury should be aware of the Duke Frost, Baron Rorii, Baroness Gloriana, and Baron Drake. I am probably forgetting some key groups/guilds/VIPs, but that should give you a Cliff Notes version of the Player's Guide.

-MS

mikestrauss said:
Be fair everyone. He is asking a question that could be answered with an up-to-date Player's Guide. Now, it is nobody's fault that the Player's Guide is out of date (really, it isn't possible for it to be updated constantly), but the information contained in it is supposed to be relatively "common knowledge".

Hey, come on, it's only a year and a half old. If I put the books out more often than that, then people would complain about having to buy a new one each year.

In any event, the new book is at the printers. It won't be here by the April event, but soon thereafter.

But YES, buying a Players Guide is a good way to start; it's an IG book and your character can know the stuff in there IG if it makes sense for your character to do so (like if your character grew up in Ashbury). It's always nice to meet a new player who is prepared -- who doesn't respond to questions like "where are you from?" with "oh, far away" and who doesn't say things like "I've lived all my life in Ashbury. What's the name of the Duke?"

Mike and Mike (S and V) make good points.

Frank, I would also suggest that you read the last couple of editions of "The Ashbury Times" which is the IG newspaper.

http://www.alliancelarp.com/newsletters.php

That would give you some great IG information and if a well-known BBG (or "Big Bad Guy") makes an appearance, you'll at least be able to say "Hey! I've heard about him/her!"

mikestrauss said:
IvanDrake said:
Glorianna got promoted? Did I miss it?

Just pretend I was typing from a year in the future. ;)

-MS

Fah! Glori is perming in July! Silly Mike.

-toddo, Head of HQ Romani plot

ps- The preceding post was a joke. I assume no personal responsibility if Glori perms in July, unless I wrote the encounter, in which case I will be retiring from Alliance and moving to a non-extridition country.

Toddo said:
mikestrauss said:
IvanDrake said:
Glorianna got promoted? Did I miss it?

Just pretend I was typing from a year in the future. ;)

-MS

Fah! Glori is perming in July! Silly Mike.

-toddo, Head of HQ Romani plot

ps- The preceding post was a joke. I assume no personal responsibility if Glori perms in July, unless I wrote the encounter, in which case I will be retiring from Alliance and moving to a non-extridition country.

HAHAHAHAHA What I fell in love with myself? Cause otherwise with the Glori curse it will be Trevor perming in July.... which is ALSO a joke and better not happen :p

~ Erica

Don't worry. My characters only perm during tournament. By the way, what event is being run in July?

*looks at calendar*

Crap! Where was that non-extradition country you found, Toddo?

-MS

You want an event, titled
"Glorianna goes Postal"
then you go right on ahead and perm!

grrrr.

Sym of Moria said:
Testy gypsy power!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta fix the avatar in your sig. Sym doesn't look pale enough. On the skin color page there's a link for special skins, use the pale one there. And he'll need Platinum elf ears, too.

speaking of the little avatar guys, i am confused as to why mine blends in with the backgrounds of all of my posts, and everyone else's is ina white box... am i special or something?

Robb Graves said:
speaking of the little avatar guys, i am confused as to why mine blends in with the backgrounds of all of my posts, and everyone else's is ina white box... am i special or something?

I see Sym in a white box, but all the others blend in for me.

Back