Gwendolyn Songbringer

Robb G

Baron
weird question. Can anyone point out what exact page of what source (players handbook / ashbury times) it is confirmed that Gwendolyn is Oliver's wife's name? I just need to check something.

Thanks guys!

Page 10 and page 18 have quotes taken right out of Oliver's diary... those are the only page numbers I have written down, so that's all I can guess to help answer that :)

rob,

besides Suzie....Eric, Jesse and I were in the Healers guild and Remembered that was her name also..... God we are old and playing this a long time lol

and that's page 10 and 18 of the players handbook?

Danny, don't get me wrong, I know you've played forever, but there's something i need written proof for.

Robb Graves said:
weird question. Can anyone point out what exact page of what source (players handbook / ashbury times) it is confirmed that Gwendolyn is Oliver's wife's name? I just need to check something.

Thanks guys!

Duchess Gwendolyn was Oliver's granddaughter. There is no mention of Oliver's wife's name in the Player's Guide. It would kind of make sense that the Duchess was named after her grandmother though.

Scott

Air Raksa said:
I can remember like almost ten years I asked Will (Lojo) who gwendolyns field was named after and he replied "gwendolyn songbringer the first duchess of ashbury"

That's correct. She was Oliver's granddaughter. However, that doesn't preclude Oliver's wife from having the same name.

Scott

That's what I thought.

I always thought that Gwendolyn's field was named after the granddaughter who was the first Duchess (there were 2 dukes before that, oliver and henry)

I don't mind if she was named after her grandmother, but I haven't been able to find anything to confirm that. I haven't read the race packets or anything though, so I wondered if it was in there. I'll look into the players guide thing, I was actually using a really old one (not bound), when I couldn't find the info, so maybe the newer ones have more info...

Robb Graves said:
That's what I thought.

I always thought that Gwendolyn's field was named after the granddaughter who was the first Duchess (there were 2 dukes before that, oliver and henry)

I don't mind if she was named after her grandmother, but I haven't been able to find anything to confirm that. I haven't read the race packets or anything though, so I wondered if it was in there. I'll look into the players guide thing, I was actually using a really old one (not bound), when I couldn't find the info, so maybe the newer ones have more info...

I used a pdf of the player's guide and searched Oliver and Gwendolyn. I found no mention of Oliver's wife.

well, i suppose at this point we'll have to call her Gwendolyn, since everyone did in game. and we'll have to call that canon form here on out.

Maybe it's his wife AND granddaughter...ewwww. They must be originally from Trellheim, I hear there's a lot of that going on there.

Wassat? A magical lute she had or a banjo?

Here is where Ivan found the reference. On page 18-19 of the Ashbury Players Guide, Oliver writes about the Fangthorn War. It's the last paragraph.

"As I finish this account, my Gwendolyn has passed into the graveyards and Henry is ready to take up the mantle of leadership...."

It obviously couldn't be his granddaughter Gwendolyn as she survived Oliver, so it must be his wife.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Eric is correct. Stupid word search fail.

So evidently the granddaughter was named after the grandmother.

Well done Eric, and thank you. that puts my mind at rest. I really wanted to make sure what we wrote was legit and worked within canon

I have to say that I really enjoyed researching the history and talking over our old memories with Sir Daniel (and yes, even the evil NPC bastard, Timothy, was fun to talk with.....). I also suffered some angst as I considered Sir Ignatius' turmoil about the rumors of Oliver (he was taking it very hard which was awaesome role-playing).

I know it's been said, but kudos to Robb and the Plot team. That was an awesome event.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Back