Gypsies And Wayside

Quantum

I don't normally trek the realm of dreams, but I do like to wander. I find myself here, listening to a Gypsie speak about persecution. I hear her voice as the loudest of many that are not welcome. Her kind is looked down upon and considered 'lowly' here because of folklore and someone's misdeeds. Marcena, my heart goes out to you and your kind. My commitment to the Earth Guild keeps me from attending local marketdays, but I will keep my ear to the ground for you.

Afterall, Scavangers endure a lesser treatment in almost every land. Even the people I tend to think of as friends will refer to me as a 'Dirty Scavyy' to my face. Here, the Traveling People have finally found a place that puts them through this and my heart aches to see it. In other lands, when races complain, they say "At least we're not Scavvies". In Briarpass, it's "At least we're not Gypsies". I know I hate feeling like that, and I should be used to it by now. I can't imagine what it must feel like to a race that's perfectly acceptable elsewhere.

I fear the most for the people of Wayside. My father is a hard working Scavenger, a real fighter. Even thinking of waking up to find him missing, with the only evidence being bony scratches in the walls, is horrifying. But having to see it happen.......I can't imagine. I would strike out at everything, hurt anyone that stood in my way, to make sure the people responsible paid for their actions. I too, would probably forget what justice means.

I too, might forget that finding the person behind it all is more important than killing people who 'might' be responsible. At what point would my brief try at adventuring simply be murder? When would my attempt to save my father simply become robbing someone else of theirs? I've thought a long time about this sort of thing and still haven't got any answers. I don't think I'd suddenly find them while trying to revenge him either.

I hope that those who believe Gypsies are the cause of all this seek true Justice instead of revenge. I hope the those defending the Gypsies are true and patient enough to endure. And lastly, I hope the the Brotherhood Of The Light, and Magistrates they answer too, are Just enough to find the facts behind it all. I have no doubt that everyone is capable of this, though it is hard sometimes.

Sorry for running off your ears, but thank you for listening.

Journeyman Toosaru Earthweaver

Re: Gypsies

Quantum said:
I don't normally trek the realm of dreams, but I do like to wander. I find myself here, listening to a Gypsie speak about persecution. I hear her voice as the loudest of many that are not welcome. Her kind is looked down upon and considered 'lowly' here because of folklore and someone's misdeeds. Marcena, my heart goes out to you and your kind. My commitment to the Earth Guild keeps me from attending local marketdays, but I will keep my ear to the ground for you.

Afterall, Scavangers endure a lesser treatment in almost every land. Even the people I tend to think of as friends will refer to me as a 'Dirty Scavyy' to my face. Here, the Traveling People have finally found a place that puts them through this and my heart aches to see it. In other lands, when races complain, they say "At least we're not Scavvies". In Briarpass, it's "At least we're not Gypsies". I know I hate feeling like that, and I should be used to it by now. I can't imagine what it must feel like to a race that's perfectly acceptable elsewhere.

I fear the most for the people of Wayside. My father is a hard working Scavenger, a real fighter. Even thinking of waking up to find him missing, with the only evidence being bony scratches in the walls, is horrifying. But having to see it happen.......I can't imagine. I would strike out at everything, hurt anyone that stood in my way, to make sure the people responsible paid for their actions. I too, would probably forget what justice means.

I too, might forget that finding the person behind it all is more important than killing people who 'might' be responsible. At what point would my brief try at adventuring simply be murder? When would my attempt to save my father simply become robbing someone else of theirs? I've thought a long time about this sort of thing and still haven't got any answers. I don't think I'd suddenly find them while trying to revenge him either.

I hope that those who believe Gypsies are the cause of all this seek true Justice instead of revenge. I hope the those defending the Gypsies are true and patient enough to endure. And lastly, I hope the the Brotherhood Of The Light, and Magistrates they answer too, are Just enough to find the facts behind it all. I have no doubt that everyone is capable of this, though it is hard sometimes.

Sorry for running off your ears, but thank you for listening.

Uhhh... Toosaru... I know you've been busy teaching and all... you missed a few things. When you have a few minutes, send me a pigeon. I can fill you in.

Well spoken, Professor. I appreciate your voice of calm solution and reasonable discourse. It is at times like these that our teachers must step forward and lead us through the darkness, I'm glad it is your perceptive eyes which guide us through this forest.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Quantum said:

If you allow those who associate with you to refer to you in such demeaning ways, then obviously you lack the self respect to ensure that you are not seen as a 'Dirty Scavvy'. People no better than they should be will take any liberty they wish to make you feel lesser. Show them that you are a person to be respected, or at least one that will defend his honor if slighted. I have worked alongside many folk, some family, some simply fellow adventurers, and none have made an issue of my race that has not been honorably resolved.

It disgusts me to see others accept that they are some sort of lesser creature simply because they have been told so by those who wish it to be true.

-Shin

Shin, if you wish to speak about me and ill of me, please do not do it here. Do it personnally. Here is for the people of wayside, the Adventurers and, more specifically, the Gypsies to see that we can fix this. We can reunite families, rebuild lives and take the proper time to mourn the lost, if we set the distractions aside and work together. No force in Wayside can stand against the Steadfastness of the People, the Relentlessness of the Adventurers and the Cleverness of Gypsies if those wills are combined.

I mean no slight to you personally, of course, or I would make it in person. The attitude you expressed having seen towards scavengers simply struck me as strange and offensive. The master of my previous homelands would have gotten amusement from it.

-Shin

Back