Gypsy Questions

Greetings all!

I am writing the local Gypsy packet here in Denver, and was wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions:

First off, who is our world or national High King/Queen and do you have any interesting stories about them?

Are there any prominent Gypsy heroes in the world?

Creationism stories? Where did they come from/ etc.?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as they come up. I really appreciate your help!

Warm Regards,

Megan

All of those questions can be answered at the local level. If you're looking for suggestions or examples I will gladly PM stuff from our packet, but every "land", every chapter, is different.

Megan,

If you're talking about on a National Level, there really aren't any. It's not a unified world in that sense (unfortunately). There are national race packets that have basic racial guidelines (how does a standard Barbarian act?), otherwise what Dan said.

I think it's a good thing that there are no national leaders ... I want chapters to have power over their local games without someone from a National Plot Committee coming in and telling them "You can't do that!"

Now, at the same time, it would be cool to have more national plots that overlapped chapters. We do that every now and then, but it requires chapters to coordinate and work together pretty closely.

Last year's National gave Gettysburg and another, relatively distant, chapter (I'll leave it up to them if they want to be named) a good chance to have some cross-chapter monster plot, though in that case it wasn't racial.

I would love to see more done, but it's hard to organize, and even harder to get people to agree sometimes.

I have a couple of fun creation stories that my gypsy "was taught" (oog, I totes made these up, based heavily on stories i had been told in game or read in the national packet). If be glad to send these along to you for you to include or use as a basis for your own stories. :)

If you're looking for inspiration I would reach out to the Plot Teams of other Chapters and see if you can get the local racial packets from them. You're not required to emulate anything in them and as long as you don't contradict anything in the National portion of the packet nothing you create will be considered "wrong." If you have any questions drop me a PM, I can give you insight on the ones for the Northern PA (HQ) chapter. Good luck!

Thank you all very much for your help and information. I appreciate it more than you could know. I have a good start to the packet, and am adding more each day.

I would love to hear some of your local stories pertaining to Gypsies. Feel free to PM me here, or contact me via Facebook as Megan Savors.

Warm Regards,

Megan

Prashka,

I would love to hear your stories! Unfortunately, this board will not allow me to send you a private message. Could you possibly send me a message via this board, or via email at Megan@PeacockBeadShop.com? It would be much appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Megan

Prashka and myself and a number of the other gypsies in our chapter got together for an unofficial custom mod a few months ago, and exchanged the tales of our individual families. (Some came from our chapter's race packet, others were stories that the player had made up)

We told stories of the origin of the gypsy race, of the loss of Romani, of the first Curse... Some of the stories were uplifting, others tragic. It was a really good night.

Back