Had alot of fun my first day!

So I was at the event this weekend, it was really fun, I'm glad I attended! I apologize for leaving so early though, I just couldnt deal with the weather. But other than that I met some cool people, I killed some cool people, and i was killed by some cool people xD I will deffinently attend future events though, once it gets colder.
Other than that, my plan is to NPC 4 or 5 more times, maybe more, and then create a PC. it will be once I get a job though, so I can make my character look the coolest :p I was wondering though, just for future reference, what race do you personally prefer? Just a quick question. Thanks guys.

-Jake D.

The question of race in my experience really comes down to how much makeup you like to play with.

For example I enjoy playing with/in makeup quite a bit. It helps me feel like I 'become someone else' and get into character. My primary is a Dark Elf, and one of my secondary characters is a Eagle-Kin.

The reality is that when you play a character you spend many, many hours 'in makeup/garb' as that character. You need to be comfortable with the requirements of looking like that character or you are just not going to have fun. For example if you really like the idea of playing a Dwarf but can't stand having lots of hair on your face... that probably doesn't make sense as a good choice for you.

Hi.
I rock a Miwie. Mystic wood elve.
No makeup. Just some ears and horns.
We are more fun than others. Not all dark and brooding. :)
Read the book if you have it and pick which race you would have more fun with.
AL

Mystic wood elves are pretty fun. :) if you like to interact with people pick a race that will let you do so ( so don't be a female dark elf. Lol) if you like to fight, fight and don't cast. If you like to do both then templare. Though I would consider starting with one and then slowly learning the other in game. That way you get a chance to excel in one while learning another. :) just make sure that whatever you choose you choose it because it sounds FUN. :)

I very much enjoy the Barbaric races because its fun to be rude yet amusing at the same time.

My favorite- wyldkin of course (the animalistic races). I have a fox-kin and inchworm-kin, but you can pretty much choose whatever species you want to act like all game. A little makeup heavy, but you can get away with less than you think, and you get to look really different from everyone else by default.

Still, in the end it's up to you to see whatever fits your character concept best- I usually start writing out a whole bunch of ideas, and see which ones catch my eye when they get fleshed out. Oh, and don't worry too much about costuming when thinking of ideas- there's plenty of people 'round these parts that'd help you out in a pinch.

My two cents at least...

I played only an Elf and a High Orc. High Orc is pretty fun, although that could have been because I was a High Orc with Pink gear. It really depends on what kind of character you want to play as was mentioned above. Based on your preferences you may want to play a race that isn't played by very people, that is one reason I picked a High Orc and I got to be green. It all depends on your preferences.

-Erik

Yeah, you can't really have someone tell you what's the most "fun" race. Every race has it's positives. If you want to play it cool and reserved, go Stone Elf. Happy go lucky? Go Dryad or Gypsy. Too cool with a dark side? Dark Elf. The list goes on. Read the race packet on MNalliance.com. Worst case scenario is your first game you don't like your race you get a free redo. Recently Erik had a human scholar his first event then just last weekend switched to Orc fighter and loved it.

I play a human, mostly I chose that because when I started I was just starting college as well and didn't have a lot of money to spend on make-up or any ears or masks or anything. But since then I've found for shear versatility Humans rock. For every race there are guidelines you have to follow for your personality and when building your character and even costuming/make-up, but a human can act how they want to act look how they want to look and feel how they want to feel. One minute York (my character) is bartering like a stone elf, the next he is "interrogating" like a Dark Elf, and the next he's drinking with Barbarians.

LARP would definitely be more boring without people playing all the different races but in the end not many races can experience the versatility of our land in the same way a human can.

Back