Healing/Chaos 45 potions and Evocation Bolt 45 Scrolls

Azath

The current beta rulebook states that you can make healing/chaos potions at 5 production points per level and battle magic evocation bolt scrolls at 5 production points per level. I cannot find any current reference stating that you cannot do this with 9th level signature spells. A number of people seem to have taken the lack of ninth level spells in the 1.3 potion/scroll tables as an indication that this is not allowed, however the equivalent spells did not exist in 1.3 and there appears to be nothing explicitly forbidding it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken
Based on the way that the rules are written, I don’t see anything that would prevent someone with the appropriate skill level from crafting a heal 45 or bolt 45.
Whether or not there was the intention to include that restriction would be something that would need to be answered by ARC.

Upvote 0
Based on the RAW, 9th level versions of these spells would be craftable.

I agree that this may have been unintentional, but to be honest, someone walking around with 45 pt Scrolls/Potions doesn’t bother me much.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth - we've played with the Rules As Written, and it's worked out fine, here.

Upvote 0
Back