Healing/chaos strike

PYKE

Adept
I see no use for the healing side of this ritual. You swing for healing but can't heal. I understand chaos being a carrier but why healing? When it has no effect on anything.

It affects undead. Undead, according to current rules, take double damage from healing. Assuming that stays the same, then the purpose is the same purpose as Earth Blade (which I assume is what this is replacing).

-MS

Healing/Chaos strike is the replacement for Earth/Chaos Aura. The "Earth" damage type is removed for simplicity, and due to occasional confusion with Earth vs. Stone.

There is elemental strike which would do earth blade. So this would be redundant if it was meant to replace the elemental aura

I think you're missing the key fact.

Healing in the current rules falls under the Earth school of magic. It has nothing to do with the element of stone.

Stone is one of the 4 base elements in the Elemental school of magic and has nothing to do with healing.

Your confusion illustrates precisely what Dan was referring to, and why they are making the change.

So your saying elemental earth will have no affect on undead. It will be now healing that does the double damage. If that's the fact I understand the use of this ritual

There is no elemental earth. Stone yes but not Earth

Earth and Stone are different. Stone is one of the Foundation (Celestial) elements, it is the opposite of Lightning.

Earth is the raw power of nature, as in I call upon the Earth to Cure Wounds. As a weapon carrier it only effects undead, and does double damage to them. It is the opposite Chaos damage, as an expression of necromancy.

Ok. So undead will be hurt double by the healing carrier when this ritual is activated. And then any spell that heal will also damage double as well?

Correct.

Back