Hello Adventurers!

Hiya folks!

So for those who don't know, I'm Phrederick and I've been working with a small group of yours late at night with some mysteries and problems that rest underground. Well unfortunately there has been an escalation in the level of the threat and it is soon coming to the surface. Over the next month I can continue to relay information as to the nature of the enemy, their potential numbers, and what powers they may have at their disposal.

-Phrederick.

Phredrick,

Please tell us what you can. I was only gone for a few weeks so the fact that the situation has escalated so much in a short time greatly concerns me. Please share any information you have. If it is of a more sensitive nature, please contact me privately.

~Keladry

Okay,

Of the Plague Lord's lieutenants, you guys have defeated the weakest already. The other three are now also awake and presumably are amassing forces to prove their worth to their master, I foresee the defenses of Horizon being tested by the most loyal lieutenant, a powerful mummy.

-Phrederick

Thank you, as always, for the good information, Phrederick.

I have more questions for you, or anyone else who may have answers:

What do we know about mummys? What type of powers does one(or this one, particularly) posses? What's the name of this lieutenant? Any known weaknesses? Should we expect a brute force attack or are we going to receive a polite invitation was we did with Aurealias? Is this going to be a game, as it was with the last lieutenant?

I'm sure I'll think of more later. And I'm also fairly certain we won't have the answers to all these questions, but it's information we need to be keeping a look out for. Honestly, I think the most important questions are his name(so I can continue doing research) and whether or not we will be receiving an invitation to this encounter.

~Keladry

From what I've seen of minor mummies, general hearsay, and one gigantically powerful mummy in Wayside, I am reasonably certain this one will hold a strong affinity for Curses of all kinds, making such magic ineffective against it, if it isn't outright beneficial. That said, I imagine using Remove Curse magic in an offensive manner against it would likely be highly effective. And Earth Blades on strong fighters, of course.

May your Words have Power and your Memories be Knowledge,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

His name is Ounephes, and he is a skilled fighter and Earth caster. There won't be any invitation, if anything he'll wait till you are simultaneously most vulnerable and most prepared in order to strike and gauge your abilities.

-Phrederick

You seem to know a lot about this. Vhile we're at it Phrederick:

1) Who are the other two?
2) What do zhey do?
3) How do you know they fought the weakest? Side tangent, who fought said weak one?
4) How do we know you aren't the Plague Lord? That wonky circle totem magic vas strange...and suspicious.
5) How do you know that Ounephes...wow I said it right...how do you know that guy vill strike first?

Just trying to make sure this land vill be safe until I can go home at the end of zhe 10th month.

- Gregory Renaldo Binks III
A simple investigator

Last edited:
Gregory Renaldo Binks III, I will answer as best I can.

1&2) Their names escape me at the time, but from the information I have one is the Plague Lord's personal body guard and relies solely on martial prowess. The other one is insane.
3) Based on my knowledge the one that was fought was the weakest.
4) My strange magics are from an old organization that had originally stopped the Plague Lord, in exchange for the abilities I used I sacrifice a small piece of my spirit and body.
5) Ounephes has the shortest required wind-up time to get back to his full strength, he's also the strategic mind of the bunch so it's not far off to assume he'll want to strike first and report back to the others.

-Phrederick

Back