Hello folks

Im gonna check out Minnesotas group in a few weeks maybe in April or end of march... if I like I may offer to financially help an Iowa chapter if one is wanted. I don't have the experience yet but would put forward a lot to have someone experienced help start an Iowa chapter.

Hey there Vincent!

Sorry your post got a little bit hijacked, most of our players are extremely passionate about the game as you can imagine and the secret inner workings of being an owner are always fun to speculate on ^.^. Both the Southern Minnesota and Chicago chapters are great fun (I should know I run the SoMN one and play in Chicago). We would love to see you out for the Castle Siege in April as that's a big event for us, it's rare we are able to reserve a castle to play at.

Otherwise if you can't make it (it's a rough drive I know) I encourage you to try to make a Chicago event, as they will be a bit closer to you from Newton (although they don't have a castle, neiner neiner), I've always found the experience to be worth the trek, and I've traveled 400 miles each way to thier events for a bit over 3 years. Locally Larp events can be one of the best deals for your money, $45 for a weekend of camping and food as well as live entertainment. (Much cheaper, usually free if you are there to help run the event as an npc!)

I don't think you'll offend, I am pretty sure most of Chicago's staff are coming to this event as well. :)

If i end up going to college in Iowa, I would definitally help out with running an Iowa game.

Vincent,

None taken, I'd kill for a castle.... I will be making the trek up there for that event and would be happy to show you around, chat with you about it before/after game.

Nathan,

Your not allowed to help an IA chapter out. Your my plot sla... I mean plot guy!

Dave,

Thanks for the glowing recommendation and.... "I hate you Dave!":p

Back on Topic:

I know most owners will supply weapons if at all possible to first time players and a lot of our players will help with anyone with costuming, makeup, play ideas. SoMN is great about welcomming new players to the game which has made them one of the fastest growing chapters in all of Alliance so I highly recommend you check them out for a first game. As Chris (Wraith) mentiond, this hobby can be time consuming/expensive if you need to travel. If your not a fan of roadtrips, car tetris, and of the "getting there is 1/2 the fun" is not your mentality it can be tough to make it worth it. On the other hand if your looking to give it a shot, grab a friend pack the car, load some tunes and come on out!

I sincerely hope to meet you at the castle event or an event soon. In SoMN I play the Hobling with the red shirt and black shield so came say hello.

You don't grab a friend, you go to their house at about 5 in the morning, kidnap them, and then forcibly drag them along. That's how I got into the Alliance, was through being kidnapped :p

Cheetah would be a Saar, as it is a "big cat". I'm not sure how many Cheetah-type Saar would be hanging around in the cold climate up there in Minnesota, though ;) :cold:

That's honestly the easiest way to find the answers to a lot of questions. Otherwise there's a lot of repeating things that you'll have to read anyway. :)

For 6 bucks, you get instant gratification and it's totally worth it! One of the cheapest RPG rulebooks you'll probably ever buy.

Back