Help a School Project? :)

Hey there, my fellow LARPers!

I'm doing a project on SoMN players (which includes those of you who travel over here from elsewhere, like Chicago) for my Sociology class. If you don't mind, and if you have a little extra time on your hands, I'd love it if you could fill out the survey below and send it to me via PM or e-mail
(vampyregrrl@comcast.net) before December 12th. The aim of this project is to figure out some patterns between people, their characters, and each other.

Not all questions will necessarily apply to everyone, but please try to answer as many as possible. There are five sections to the survey: Player Background, Character Background, Casters, Groups, and NPCs. It may seem like a lot, but most of the questions are short-answer. I filled this out, too, and it took me about half an hour to complete.

I promise I will not use any of your answers to metagame, blackmail, or anything of the like. :sweat:
Thank you!

~ Mariah

And here it is…

Player Background

What is your name? (If you wish to be anonymous in my paper, feel free to add a note in parenthesis.)

Where are you from? (City, State)

How old are you?

Do/did you attend college? (Yes/No)

What is your job/occupation?

How old were you when you began LARPing?

Why do you LARP?

What made you start LARPing?

Character Background
If you PC…

What character do you play in Alliance SoMN? (If you've played more than one, list the one you play currently/most.)

Where is your character from?

Why did your character start adventuring?

Why did you choose the Race that you did?

What about your character’s Class appeals to you?

Casters

If your character is a caster, why did you choose (Celestial/Earth) over the other?

If you character casts both Earth and Celestial…
Which did they learn first? Why?

What made your character want to learn the other school?

Orders, Groups, Guilds, and the Like

Are you part of an adventuring group? Which one(s), and Why?

How did your group form/How were members chosen?

Was there some kind of initiation for becoming a part of the group? Explain:

If you are not part of a group: Why?

Does your character have any strong bonds with people (other than those in their group/despite not being a part of a group)? Who, and why?

NPCs
If you NPC…

Why did you choose to NPC?

What NPC do/did you like playing most (i.e. Corrupt, farmers, kobolds, nobles, etc., or a recurring NPC)? Describe them:

Why do/did you like playing this character?

Anything else I should know?
(If you think I left out something important and wanted to include it, feel free to write it here. Anything goes. Thank you for participating!)

I'd suggest putting this on Survey Monkey or a similar site. It'll let you access the data easier and make it go quicker for those filling it out.
-Ryan

The problem with some of those is that they have a question limit of, well, too low... :unsure:

Cut, Paste, Answer, Sent. And I'm STILL waiting on The Old Republic...

Back