Help from other lands

Greetings everyone,

As you may know we have bit of a lighting problem. After coming back from the market day in dragons reach, i have talked with Sir Mathis, and he has aquired some aid to help us with this issue. He can explain more on this topic.

So if anyone has any information on the subject of the lightning elementals or the djiin please share it now so we all can work together and conquer this foe and get rid of it once and for all.

Thank you!

Sir Nyio Sorn

I am in search of a minor lightning node, if anyone knows of one please let me know right away.

Fredrick Crawford

As Sir Nyio stated I and other adventurers from Dragonreach are headed north this weekend with some help for your Elemental Lightning based problems.

For those of you who have not traveled to Dragonreach in the last two years, Drevec golems are incredibly resilient and healed by Lightning. While we formerly fought against the Drevec (a fight that in large part is responsible for Bleak's release from his prison) we have made peace with them and they are eager to make reparations. The Drevec they have agreed to loan us a platoon of their golems which we can use to deal with some of the problems that threaten Dragonreach. Since our kingdoms are now allies and united in the fight against Bleak it makes sense to bring this resource north to deal with a major problem in your lands so that more attention may be focused on the larger threat to both our kingdoms.

I know almost nothing about this problem, so any information you can provide which will assist us in making tactical use of the golems will be appreciated.

Travel safely,
Sir Mathis
House Emerald Flame

Zeus, will you be attending this market day? If so, we have business and perhaps another party to attend. :-D

We've got 60 golems, so they're unlikely to turn the tide all on their own.
However since they're healed by Lightning they'll likely be good for a strategic attack or to keep an area safer while the adventurers handle the brunt of the problem. If you have more information Link, shoot me a message so I can get these things into position to be most effective.

-Mathis

Mathis

From what I have gathered, your lightning elementals are refered to as Tempi. They are from the broken lands, which is accessed through a portal located in Valdanis City. These Tempi have been at war with the locals of the Broken Lands for a long long time, so your foe is war tested. Two factions of the Broken Lands have been fighting the Tempi, the Paladins and the Crusaders/Barbarians. Their have been at least four documented campaigns against the Tempi. While they may have been victorious in pushing the Tempi back, they lacked a way to finish it.

The Paladins are the bigger force. The were basically knights that were sealed in the broken lands with the old families. They live by the code of conduct, but that code may have changed slightly from the more commonly known ones. They are against magic, as Tempi were technically summoned. I believe Syver made contact with them. He is likely to know more.

The Crusaders or Barbarians are another force. We just recently helped them recover an artifact to help in their cause against the Tempi, so they might be more likely to provide aid in any said assault. They use celestial magics, which is different, but focus strictly on the element stone. They are also able to self beserk and swing really hard for a limited time when they do. Again Syver is likely to know more about these guys.

The Tempi are ruled by a Djinn, though not like a typical Djinn. A tower of magi were sieged in their tower and banded together to summon this Djinn. I *think* requested a wish from the Djinn, and likely poorly worded that Djinn twisted destroying towns and mass death and destruction. The Tempi is simply the army. Should note as well the Tempi can create portals of any place that has been rifted to or from, so rifting is ill advised. Their are Rift Paladins whom can sealed these or prevent rift locations from being accessed from the Tempi.

Also the locales in the Broken Lands have Ward Stones, that seem to to keep the Tempi away, though they did recently manage to destroy a town that did have a Ward Stone and attempted to merge Arden and the Broken Lands using said Ward Stone I believe.

Hope this information is useful to dealing with this foe.

-Raynn

P.S. I don't know if Drevic portals will cause tears like rifts, I would think it would be likely.

Back