HELP NEEDED!!!

Drew AGB Co-Owner

Scholar
Gettysburg Staff
If anyone is familiar with New York City please let me know. I am traveling there for a in person interview for Who wants to be a millionaire and need to figure out what is the easiest way to get around the city. Should I park outside the city and get a Cab, try the subway?? If anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks All

Drew Resele

I don't live in New York City, but I have been there several times for Broadway plays.

One thing to consider is finding a tour bus near your home which can take you into the city and then take you home.

That way you won't have to worry about taking your car.

I would reccommended taking a cab to the studio since subways can be a crowded and possibly dangerous place depending on what time you choose to ride them and where you need to go.

Plus you won't have to worry about paying for gas or driving to NYC.

I would also consult a map of New York City to see where the studio is in the city to chart a course from wherever the bus drops you off or where you park your car.

Jim is being paranoid about the subway, but he gets a pass since he's not from NY. If you're traveling at 4am then maybe. Anytime between 6am-Midnight you'd be surprised just how many people are around.

There isn't a single place in manhattan you can't get to by subway or bus. Especially if you're talking midtown. Just take the subway and walk the extra block or two it'll be when you get out. Metrocard FTW.

Navigating the subways is cake. Use the PDF of this map http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm and you can find the studio. Find the nearest subway station. The lines are color coded. Is this your first time to NYC?

Depending on where you live, there are MANY park n ride options from NJ, most of which will drop you either at Penn Station (trains) or Port Authority (buses). You can then do NY public transit from there. Be aware though, that while NY PT will run very frequently (usually max 15 min between runs) NJ trans is often an hour or better between runs.

Cabs will cost you too, but if it's nasty weather they're another option.

Do not drive. It's crowded as hell, half the streets are one-way, and parking is a b1tch. You WILL regret driving.

Yea, in the handful of times I've been to NYC the subways are a great option for standard hours. They may be a little dirty, but they'll get you there. Its a city, just keep your head on and you'll be fine...

your distance the bus would be quite a trip, drive to newark or hoboken and take the PATH train transfer to the 1,2 or 3 train ( red line) i think that will get you to abc studios on the west side? review a map of all this before you set out.

Greg and I live in Manhattan so if you have an questions feel free to ask!

I lived in Brooklyn for five years, kept the car parked, and took the subway everywhere. When I go to NYC now, I drive through the Lincoln Tunnel, which goes directly to the 42nd Street bus terminal and the parking lot there. Park there and you can take a subway anywhere without having to go through NYC streets at all.

Back