Help solving a comic book debate

jpariury said:
I think elephants were discarded unnecessarily. Afterall, they have been taught to fight with swords...

I wouldn't say they were discarded. The question was with regards to a hippo vs. wolves and the hippo was compared to an elephant for an aggression argument. I mean, it if it takes a pride of lions to take down an elephant calf in the dark, with no chance of talking it down in the day much less an adult elephant, I don't think there is a question about who would win in an elephant vs. pack of wolves debate.

Alavatar said:
jpariury said:
I think elephants were discarded unnecessarily. Afterall, they have been taught to fight with swords...

I wouldn't say they were discarded. The question was with regards to a hippo vs. wolves and the hippo was compared to an elephant for an aggression argument. I mean, it if it takes a pride of lions to take down an elephant calf in the dark, with no chance of talking it down in the day much less an adult elephant, I don't think there is a question about who would win in an elephant vs. pack of wolves debate.
yeah, it's definitely the wolves.

Wolves are smart...they might try to engage a hippo on land, but they would most likely say forget that & find easier prey.

Also, Superman would get wise to Hulk getting stronger through force and just just evade him until the anger starts to subside...back to Bruce & he is done.

So I am a huge hulk fan. Im going to have to say hulk would win despite the marvel DC crossover and here is why. Loki made the mistake of pulling banner out of the hulk. The only way they could stop the pure rage was by forcing banner back in. How many unstopible forces have gone up against him? Sasquatch-gave up, ben grim-gave up, wolverine- has given up multiple times, both thor and loki have given up. I think superman would be so exhausted by the end he would just stop.

In old man Logan, Wolverine kills Hulk. But in Hulk, the end, he is the last living person, unable to kill himself. Sentry can easily beat hulk but he is too crazy to focus. And I love Hulk. I still believe he would beat Superman but that's my opinion. Hell no powers Batman has beat superman like a punk. With kryptonite knuckles but that's besides the point. Banner is just as smart as Bruce Wayne and in some incarnations Hulk has all of Banner's intelligence. Just sayin'.

Hulk would beat Superman, Wolves would beat Flight attendants (with or without Samuel L. Jackson, he would just get bitten in half anyways), Lions would beat Wolves (see GoT), Elephants would beat every other animal, People would beat Elephants, Hulk would beat People (and the cycle of life is complete)

Being a huge comic fan myself, my opinion at first is that Hulk vrs Superman would be a toss up. I don't think one would always win against the other. I think the deciding factors would be where they were fighting, and what they are fighting over. If they met in the desert and hulk just didn't like supermans face and got into a fight I think both would have 50/50 chance to win give or take a little. If Hulk is trying to reach his girl friend or his best friend, and Superman gets in his way, then Clark will probably get hammered. Supermans value of life would indeed keep him from going full out, but at the same time if Hulk is raging through the city killing and or endangering innocent peoples lives, Superman is less likely to be as easy on him. Aditionaly, if Superman knows how powerful Hulk is, he probably won't hold back much. Superman has already fought Black Adam and confessed that sicne he knows he can take it, he doesn't need to pull any punches. Now, if Hulk was trying to find his girlfriend and Superman was trying to stop Hulk from smashing buildings that could endanger Lois's life, they'd decimate each other and most likely KO one another.

I think it's more fun to compare the weakest versions of each character, than the strongest, makes for a more interesting (though short) debate; cause really, when you get two guys together that either can't die, or keep coming back from death, there's no finality and no winner (assuming death is the actual deciding factor).

Avaran said:
I think it's more fun to compare the weakest versions of each character, than the strongest, makes for a more interesting (though short) debate; cause really, when you get two guys together that either can't die, or keep coming back from death, there's no finality and no winner (assuming death is the actual deciding factor).

A kryptonite-infused Clark Kent slap-fighting an anemic Bruce Banner is a funny mental image, I agree.

Back