Helpful advise for October

HalveElven

A Town guard is seen posting this notice on Deep Jugs tavern and other areas around town:

" A Public Service Notice
With the seasons turning from Summer to Fall, All Hollows drawn nigh. As all should know, at this time of the year the veil is very thin comma allowing all manner of Undead to appear sometimes even spontaneously. Therefore the Town Guard would recommend acquiring a silvered weapon. Please contact your preferred blacksmith promptly to assure delivery in a timely fashion. Or else contact the merchants Guild and about acquiring one there.

Help us help you by being able to defend yourself. "

TLDR: If you are a claw-user, find a bed to spend October under.

OOC: this post was from Miguel trying to be helpful and remind newer players that it is possible to aquire a silver tagged weapon and be able to be more versatile against some undead. Not a foreshadowing of doom if you cant wield said silver tagged weapons.

Sorry for the blood presure checks I know this has already caused.

Further, it is known that when the veils between worlds are thinnest over All Hallows Eve, Wards and Wizard Locks sometimes don't work against undead, nightmares, and let's just round it off at "monsters," really.

Sleep with weapons at your side, and magical energy readily summoned to your hands. If you have comfortable bog iron armor, sleeping in that is not a bad plan -- and one which I plan to undertake.

K.A.

Greetings all! As a friendly member of the Merchant's guild and the Alchemist Book Club, i would love to remind everyone that the Merchant's guild often carries silvered weapons for interested parties, and any of your local Alchemist Book Club members would certainly be delighted to provide you the service of applying quicksilver coatings to the weapon of your choice!

Quicksilver is a natural and effective way of making your weapon strike as if it were silvered without actually enforcing unnatural contortions onto the metal, and can be applied to arrows as well!

It is also an honoured tradition in New Acarthia to reinforce wards weakened by the thinning veils by placing a carved, illuminated pumpkin in a window or other visible but hard-to-reach place. The efficacy of this has been proven many times in the past, so do not forget to acquire one on your way to New Acarthia!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I want to silver someone's claws SO. BAD.

SNIKT!

I'd volunteer for that experiment. What's the worst that could happen?

Legard - You have pretty claws until you take a swipe at something vulnerable to silver. Then you leave burning scars in their flesh. I favor vorpal for that reason.

I should say I'm disappointed that some would consider clawed kin to be useless in combat. While claws cannot be enchanted to hold the magics of swords, they can retain the pulse of battle magics and shine with weapon coating alchemy. I can never have my weapon disarmed by a sneaky caster and can block any weapon same as shield or sword. On the battle field, I have found the versatility of claws to be exceptionally helpful even against the undead as a predator can block and attack, harass an opening in a line or turn an enemy until their back is exposed to others.

And... why spend an October under a bed when one can spend it in bed with others?

~ Lucian

I like the way you think, Lucian. At least part of that. Okay, just one sentence of that. I ignored the rest. I might be drunk.

Back