Here Ye, Here Ye

krieger

Scholar
San Francisco Staff
Citizens, wanderers, denizens be aware.

The 'new' crossroads, fall within the territory of the Duchy of Westgate in the Kingdom of Andar. The laws of Andar apply here, as do the laws of hospitality, and respect.
Nobility of the Kingdom of Andar is to be recognized, and respected. Visiting nobility with proper presentation and courtesy is to be recognized, and respected.
A court shall be held in a few days hence, to recognize those nobles of Andar, and those whom may be visiting, and also to recognize the brave deeds of some of Andars citizens, and wanderers as well.

Presence at court is not mandatory, unless you are a stranger to these lands, I would look upon the faces, and have your face seen by those in attendance.
Attendance is strongly suggested as there is business to discuss that will affect ALL of those in these lands and times, and if you are someone that I wish to recognize for your deeds, doing so will be difficult if you are not there.

Be aware that there may be strange denizens, and other natives who I have invited to court to discuss terms of alliance, they may be of races that may fall outside the normal spectrum of recognized races. Those creatures that obey the laws of hospitality, and the laws of Andar, and are not undead, or dverger (dark dwarves) are to be left unmolested, and their persons, and property are to remain inviolate. Failure to show these creatures these respects will be seen as an egregious violation of the laws of hospitality, and violation of the word of a noble, and dealt with harshly.

Dverger (dark dwarves), and undead are enemies of Andar, and are not under protection, should they fall to your blade, spell, or bow their spoils are yours. Should other creatures be seen aiding Dverger, or Undead in arms against Westgate, it's citizens, or it's guests are enemies and are not under protection.

-Sir Krieger Draconigeva, Inquisitor General, Seneschal of Westgate.

How does Durl know if he's noble? He's a pretty good fighter if thats what yer looking for...

-Durl

Goodman Durl,
A person may act nobly without being a noble

Nobility as it is meant in this missive refers to those who hold the titles pertaining to lands, deeds, or other titles as they may pertain to other kingdoms, lands, or the like. If you have to ask chances are you do not have a title as of such.

As for looking for good fighters, if your steel is strong, and your heart stout, and you seek to thwart that which would enslave, destroy us, then yes we would be looking for that as well. Please present yourself at court in a few days hence, an exact time will be posted shortly once I consult with my adjutant.

-Sir Krieger Draconigeva, Inquisitor General, Seneschal of Westgate

After consulting with the powers that be... court will be held on the night of the market gathering.

-Sir Krieger Draconigeva, Inquisitor General Seneschal of Westgate

Well said, Sir Krieger.

Though I am new to these lands I believe Andar, including the Crossroads, has plenty of citizens, both noble and commoner alike, who deserve respect. It just might as well be in your best interest to mind your tone and choice of words towards any living being with the thought process of being able to speak back. Although I suppose it is true that one can still be respectful towards another being that one may not have much respect for.
Based from my little experience in the Crossroads, it may just be my current state of cultural shock. But I assume most can agree with the fact that civil beings deserve some civil interaction. Than again, risking your neck over a personal issue with someone is entirely up to the being at question.

Back