Hey new here and to larp

Jayrik

wanna go to the sep 17-19th game, what do I need to know do etc...

Hi! My name's Rob Sachs, and I'm the general manager for Alliance LARP Chicago. Please, send me an email at waysidelogistics@gmail.com , so I can answer your questions, as well as any others you may have. What to bring also depends on whether you want to NPC or PC, which I can explain via email.

Welcome to the Alliance!

Rob Sachs
General Manager, Alliance LARP Chicago

Important things to remember when pcing.

1.) The barrister is your friend, give him shiny things so he'll like you even more.
2.) Alliance is a team game, even if you are going to be solo, make a point of making at least some friends, most folks are happy to welcome a new person to town.
3.) Alliance is a role-playing game, but you'll want to be sure you've got something you can do all day, thrown weapons for a scholar is worth the 4 points, otherwise if you plan to be templar etc. start with your weapon skills.
4.) A few extra toys can really enhance your experience, some people sell candies or drinks in game, others bring gambling games etc. to play.

I definatly plan on making some friends was hoping to meet some through here

A quick tip, since the boards are so impersonal, sign your post with your name! :D Also, tell us a little bit about yourself, what area your comming from, some other interests or gaming background perhaps?

I'm Paul, I'm the Owner and one of the plot guys for Chicago. I live and work in Naperville and I've been playing LARPs since I was a teen and playing Alliance for about 7 yrs. Aside from Larp, I also do a bit of roleplaying like DnD, WoD, and Shadowrun. Aside from the gamer geek side, I collect hats, spend way more time on these boards than is healthy, and appreciate a good book. :D

I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you better.

Thanks,

Paul Foisy
Owner, AllianceLARP Chicago
National Event Head of Plot.... ooh scary. :p

well I'm Jason, Im a Sniper in US Army currently deployed to afghanistan, but my home is in west chicago. Im heading back to the good old USA in a few days for some R&R decided I wanted to go to this Larp game. I've been playing milsim airsoft since I was 18 and I've been playing lord of the rings online since it came out amoung a few other RPGs. outside of my geekness, I study Aiki Ninjistu religiously and love to work on and race cars and bikes and tons of other ****. I spend way to much time online then is healty I guess. can't wait to add larping to my list of hobbies.

Jayrik said:
well I'm Jason, Im a Sniper in US Army currently deployed to afghanistan, but my home is in west chicago. Im heading back to the good old USA in a few days for some R&R decided I wanted to go to this Larp game. I've been playing milsim airsoft since I was 18 and I've been playing lord of the rings online since it came out amoung a few other RPGs. outside of my geekness, I study Aiki Ninjistu religiously and love to work on and race cars and bikes and tons of other s***. I spend way to much time online then is healty I guess. can't wait to add larping to my list of hobbies.

Nice to meet you Jason. Which weekend are you planning on joining us for? The September or October weekend? Were you planning on PCing or NPCing?

You Know Jason, all the REALLY cool kids not only play in Chicago, but also make a point to truck up to Southern Minnesota October 22nd-24th for their events. :D

I'll look forward to meeting you, as I'm sure I'll be coming down to Chi-town for the September game.

Welcome Jason! My name is Daphne. We are usually a pretty friendly bunch. I play Eve and the occassional NPC. It's a good idea to show as early as you can (I drive out when I get off work Friday at 5p to get there around 630p) to your first event so you can be approved by the MIB :cool: (or atleast in my experience).

I play in/run several rpg's with some of the local peeps (people; not the marshmallow candies) including BESM, SR, D&D, and WOD. I read a bunch and watch anime. I'm a scorpio, who likes long walks on the beach and thoughtful conversation...wait off track there. I've been playing in Alliance for almost a year now and have been having fun doing it!

PS The Barrister is a greedy man just looking out for his own coin purse. :p But giving him coin is ok OCCASSIONALY (especially if you get something in return).
PSS Rain...

well as soon as I get home and get my hands on the rule books ill start to understand what you guys are talking about lol

Jayrik said:
well as soon as I get home and get my hands on the rule books ill start to understand what you guys are talking about lol

When are you due back?

Back