Hey..

Stana

Scholar
Marshal
Is there anyone out there? Hey, anyone? Jason? Anyone?

Quetzalli is here. Who are you? Where you come from?

I... dont know where I am. I woke up and it's dark in hereeeeee...

Where you before? What last thing you remember? Feel around. What does air smell like? Sour? Dry? Stale?

Quetzalli

The air? It is..

...I don't think I kin properly smell right now. I heard some commotion over yonder when I woke up but that was a long time ago. Is it day or night? I can't keep track of time anymore.....

The last time I was in a dark place was after a long night of drinking, but then I realized that I was in one of my oak casks and then it was all ok again.

Are you able to move or are you confined, and who is Jason?

McGregor
Proprietor of the Falcon's Roost
Mara's Glen

Well I kin move about some... but not too much. There's a buncha rocks or logs or something all over the ground here, but I can't really tell what they are so I reckon I'm not too much help. Who's this Jason character yer blabbing on about?

Oh.. I knew a Jason once.. right fine fellow. Best apprentice I ever had...

You had an apprentice? What were you teaching Jason?

McGregor
Proprietor of the Falcon's Roost
Mara's Glen

Oh, I've had many an apprentice over the years... an' you expect me to remember just one of 'em? Can't even recall my own name some days let alone one of a hundred different kids runnin' about setting fire to things and losing my socks and not knowing the difference between an oak golem and a pine golem, let alone being able to properly summon somethingwithout botching it seventeen times and then proceeded to blame it on someone else just because he misplaced my socks!I mean, how is a man supposed to relax without a proper pair of socks? You have any idea how much copper I ended up spending every month on new socks? It was rediculous! Jason tried to summons my lost socks once, then them blue things kept appearing everwhere and causing a ruckus always blathering on about something or another in that inane voice of theirs you know come to think of it they liked to steal my socks. Maybe them kids didn't always lose 'em...

...but I'm sure they were guilty of something else.

No, really.. there's not even any food in here, or light, or any fresh socks.

Every teacher should remember who they taught. Why you let them set fires? Put them in place. Spare rod spoil child. Why you make golems? You star mage? And sometimes you fail over and over with out getting it right. Trial and error. Many hunts fail but, the one that does not is even better because, of failure. You remember Jason. And stop complaining about socks! I get you socks! Socks not that important! And what are these blue things? Are they spirits?

Quetzalli

Oh, seems I dozed off there... did anybody visit me? I could really use some fresh air here...

..and maybe some food, though I'm not hungry anymore. Maybe a pipe or studing a tome by campfire. But now I can't even find the way out of my own tower! Someone should come give and old man a hand...

Back