High Magic :Flaw ability on rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If in the creation of a magic item in game, during a ritual, I use this high magic ability:
As a Celestial caster with respect to 1/2 dmg from <element>, double from <element> can be chosen?
As a Earth caster with respect to 1/2 dmg from <element>, double from <element> can be chosen?

Its not spelled out what can be chosen (element wise) from the High magic ability to Flaw.

Example 1: Can an Earth caster flaw the item so that the weilder takes 1/2 from Lightning and Double from Stone?

Example 2: Can a Celestial caster flaw the item so that the weilder takes double from Chaos and 1/2 from Flame?

Thanks!
Onitt
For NJ GM and Marshall

I would guess that "<element>" though would point to stone, lightning, flame or ice. I can't think of anywhere that anything but SLIF is referred to as an element. I'd think of "chaos" an an effect.

I think the "does not affect HEALING" is about golems and other creatures that are healed by an element.

Upvote 0
Anything channeled by an elemental is an element. Am I Not correct?
We have Stone, lightning, ice and flame, but we also have order, chaos, life,death and time. Their carriers are elemental are they not?

Upvote 0
The reason I'd guess that is that it's much harder to decide how someone takes double damage from "Order." It's not something anything can even throw, Order Elementals swing Prison.

So would that mean that you take double damage from Prison? Does that mean you stay in it for twice as long if hit by one? Or just when you get hit by something swinging "15 Prison" you take 30? Or as a Chaos Elemental you take twice the appropriate damage from that "15 Prison"?

I think it needs some clarification, but my guess is that it follows the verbage in the "Resist Element" section, which lists "SLIF" as the effects the skill is applicable to. Then again, I didn't submit it, or write it, or know anything about it until the announcement was made, so I have no idea the actual intention. This is just my guess :)

If it is supposed to be beyond SLIF, I'd like a clarification on how people are supposed to take double from things like Prison, for the reasons listed above. Or Death. How do you take double from Life and Death? Or, for that matter, even Wither and Drain. Is it double duration, double damage if it's taken as damage...?

Upvote 0
From my understanding the only elements that are allowed on that flaw (that will not make the item LCO) are the SLIF. Since the rule explanation isn't very specific that's how we've been doing it in Seattle. This one may need official clarification.
-Ron
Marshal WA & OR

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back