High Ogre Love

my ogre will probably make his debut in CT at the end of August.

Despite being stereotyped as a sword and board guy (which i do so love) I have always found two handed weapons appealing. I would love to do a two handed sword ogre or orc, im just not so sure about the make up.

I agree though there needs to be more ogres. Especially in the Deadlands. Poor Thrak is the only one of his race for miles.... and no one believes him when the trees talk to him.

I was considering an Orc, Ogre, Dwarf & Wolfkyn for my 1st character. Went with a Wolf because I think I will get more enjoyment out of him.

Dom said:
Ogres may hate undead but that doesn't mean they have to get stupid around them. They can remain tactical. Also I shouldn't have that issue at my local chapter since they don't really use undead.

QFT. There's nothing in the book or the race packet requiring suicidal actions!

Jevedor said:
Despite being stereotyped as a sword and board guy (which i do so love) I have always found two handed weapons appealing. I would love to do a two handed sword ogre or orc, im just not so sure about the make up.

I agree though there needs to be more ogres. Especially in the Deadlands. Poor Thrak is the only one of his race for miles.... and no one believes him when the trees talk to him.

Johnathan believes, and has considered eating him to absorb his power.

Deadlands said:
Jevedor said:

Johnathan believes, and has considered eating him to absorb his power.

That does not surprise me. It does surprise me that he has not acted on this consideration. :funny:

Everything but the makeup, screwing around
254023_220683054627307_100000568425016_844572_3109083_n.jpg

Fresh tusks
208229_210378538991092_100000568425016_755732_7429602_n.jpg

Mid stages of putting the costume together
227173_212981755397437_100000568425016_780662_6266243_n.jpg

Wow that is one damn good looking ogre!

Wow! Your avatar actually looks just like you! Well done! Those tusks look comfortable to wear, too. I'd like to see the "yellowed" version that you've mentioned, though.

-Luke

I'll have pictures of me all yellowed up once I play him in a couple of weeks. I haven't actually gone out and bought the makeup yet. The tusks are extremely confortable. They're made of friendly plastic, so they are a perfect fit, and if they weren't sticking out of my face I almost wouldn't even know they were there.

And thank you :)

I had some pictures of my ogre in full makeup and costuming, taken professionally this past weekend at the REAL Girls of Gaming calendar shoot (which you should totally get once its available) that I will post as soon as they're ready.

By the way:

High Ogres and High Orcs should try to attend Ashbury's September 9th weekend. It's the annual Hero's Tournament, and this year it is being sponsored by the High Orcs and High Ogres of the village of Hagarath, so you know they will have some interesting competitions. There should be lots of plots for these races that event.

That's actually kind of awesome, I will probably attend that

Does anyone know a good place to get Ogre tusks? I actually looked at the Party City by my house and although they have an abundant assortment of vampire, zombie, and goofy teeth, many of them intended for theatrical productions, I couldn't find any tusks. Is that just because it's so far from Halloween or is it that their selection is terrible? I know of another costume store in my hometown, but its a fair drive over there.

I just E-mailed them at their website, so I guess I'll see tomorrow if I hear back from them. If you guys know of any sites where I can order any, I'd appreciate it.

A buddy of mine just uses vampire teeth on the bottom, instead of the top. They are the type where you mold them to your teeth and then you can just put them on and take them off whenever you need to (like for eating). I think they came with a set of big teeth and small teeth. He just uses the big ones.

-Luke

friendly plastic is what most people use and make (In my opinion) the best looking and most comfortable tusks. It's extremely cheap and easy to use. Just make sure you buy the strips instead of the beads because they're a pain in the ***. Also make sure they do not exactly "lock" into your teeth. If you get hit in the face it's better to have them loose and able to fall out on their own than to take your teeth with them. Keep in mind that you will be wearing them for a long time so comfort is important. Don't set them to force you to have an overbite or underbite and the more space between the tusks, usually the better.

To use the friendly plastic simply boil some water and dip the sticks in for a few seconds and they become moldable like putty and it is perfectly safe to put in your mouth to fit them.

Back