High Orc Costuming

MissLucifer

So I've looked through the threads for a bit and couldn't really find anything that answered my main questions/issues. I have two of them in particular.

My main thing is how to have my hands the proper color for my High Orc. From what I have seen within my chapter, anyone that has played a character such as a dark elf or stone elf have worn gloves. I cannot wear gloves, or at least not full fingered gloves, due to the fact that it makes me overestimulate for some reason, and I'd like to not have to step away from fights or conversations to take them off and cool down every 5-10 minutes. Anyway, I know body paint will definitely not stay on because of the continual need to wash my hands. I could technically get alcohol based paint, but from my personal experience it tends to be rather translucent when applied. This is the main thing that is making me hesitant about playing any character with different skin tones. Anybody have suggestions of what I could do?

My other question, which I feel was partially answered by another thread but Im not 100% sure on it, would be the teeth. I dont want anything huge, maybe about 3-5cm, but I am unsure of how to set them up. Im hesitant on anything going in my mouth because I dont want to have to take them out everytime I eat and I dont want my speech garbled for when making calls. I saw that some people simply apply prosthetic horns near the mouth with spirit gum, but I cant use spirit gum and I don't think prozaid would be strong enough to hold them all day. What do you guys usually do?

Thank you in advanced to any who give suggestions. Im still kind of new to all of this and honestly still a little dazed and in shock

In my experience, hands are usually offered a bit more leeway with make up requirement for many reasons. Your fingerless gloves, I would like to think, should be more than acceptable but your local local chapter miles may vary. As for teeth, I have also seen a small colored piece of leather that forms your chin and tusks attached to what is essentially fishing wire or something similar that you wear and it just sits on your chin area. It seems to keep in place very well and is made by at least one our own that I know of, if that's something you might be interested in and they have time.

I have a lizardkyn, I use scaled gloves with open finger slots. I paint my finger nails, and I tend to just reapply my make up whenever it rubs off. It sucks but, it is what it is. I use sealer every time to ensure as little of it rubs off on my stuff as possible.

In my experience, hands are usually offered a bit more leeway with make up requirement for many reasons. Your fingerless gloves, I would like to think, should be more than acceptable but your local local chapter miles may vary. As for teeth, I have also seen a small colored piece of leather that forms your chin and tusks attached to what is essentially fishing wire or something similar that you wear and it just sits on your chin area. It seems to keep in place very well and is made by at least one our own that I know of, if that's something you might be interested in and they have time.

I read that someone was doing the strap thing but I honestly cannot think at all about what that looks like and how it even properly sits on the face without just falling off, and because of that Im not sure. Do you or the person you're talking about have pictures of what it looks like when worn, just so I can get an idea about it?

I think what I'm going to do is talk to my staff here in Kansas and see what they have to say about the hand thing.

I have a lizardkyn, I use scaled gloves with open finger slots. I paint my finger nails, and I tend to just reapply my make up whenever it rubs off. It sucks but, it is what it is. I use sealer every time to ensure as little of it rubs off on my stuff as possible.

What kind of sealer do you use? I'm going to double check with my staff here and see what they think, but I'll probably do fingerless gloves and some type of body paint over my fingers, as its the best option for me to properly portray while not overestimulating.

Ogre tusk mini leather mask! I couldn't find a picture in costume so I just grabbed it and took a quick pic. Elastic goes behind the head, usually buried under a small mountain of hair. The elastic mostly blends in on the face if you put a little makeup over it. Made by @Gandian Ravenscroft

Finger wise, I try to wear gloves 90% of the time and just accept that my hands will be out of genre during meals. I have painted my hands a few times but it makes me feel gross and grimy. I usually do long leather gloves in winter and light fingerless gloves when it's warm out

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_130125689_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20200627_130125689_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 37
Would they be able to make something like what youre wearing before August? I dont know how to message privately on here, but I noticed they are chicago staff, so I dont want to burden them since I know they're probablt super busy.

Go ahead and hit me up whenever you'd like, @MissLucifer - I can hook you up. :)

As far as sending a message goes, just click on my username and choose "Start Conversation".

Back