[.11] Higher Manifestation

Do you still need to touch the packet to the symbol/hand the symbol is on?

I would say yes, although by technicality simply using that hand to throw the packet should count.

I would suggest no because that would effectively make it a two handed process again which is exactly what taking the skill is supposed to avoid. Pretty sure you just need to use that hand.

Higher Manifestation (3 High Magic points per purchase, Passive): A character with this High Magic may Channel a specific Channeling element valid for their Channeling pool without using a Relic or Wand in that hand. This means that they may Channel while holding an object (such as a weapon or shield) in their off hand. The hand selected to use Higher Manifestation must be marked with a symbol at least 1" x 1" on the back of the hand or a glove worn on that hand. Costs 3 High Magic points; this may be purchased multiple times to allow for multiple elements. Higher Manifestation may *not* be used in conjunction with a Wand or Relic; if a Wand or Relic is used, only elements appropriate to that focus may be manifested. While it lasts, this High Magic may be invoked every time the character Channels at the character’s choice. A character need not have any Focus on their person to Channel while using this ability. Lasts 5 days or until resurrection.

In all other ways both types of Focuses follow the Wand rules from 1.3 (cost 2 silver to create, wielded as a two handed weapon, must be safety checked by a Marshal, etc.)

These two rules together tell me that as long as you are throwing with the gloved/marked hand, there is no need to touch anything, as that is a requirement for wands and relics.

These two rules together tell me that as long as you are throwing with the gloved/marked hand, there is no need to touch anything, as that is a requirement for wands and relics.
This was the intent, IIRC.

I can't imagine a fingerless glove notmbeing allowed, since my reading of the use of a glove is so people with makeup or ink sensitivities have an option to use that High Magic.

As said repeatedly, so long as the packet in some way touches the hand bearing the symbol, it doesn't matter whether you throw it with that hand or not. You are 100% allowed to simply grab a packet with the marked hand, say the wand/relic incant of choice, and then use that same hand to throw the packet.

Back