Highlights of the April Event

Thank you to everyone who came out to our April Event, we had a great time playing with you all.

With so much going on during a weekend we love seeing what people enjoyed and what sticks in your memories. Please share your Event highlights so everyone has the chance to share in your excitement.

See you in a month for the official launch of Alliance LARP 2.0

This weekend was a fun blur for me. Undead represent the most fun I can have with the bear and the plot team built me a giant ball pit of them. It was also great that while I got to slam face first into the nastier parts of said ball pit I also got to spend a great deal of time roleplaying and directly addressing the bigger problem in the world with more people way outside of my normal group. The RP was stellar.

To that end I wanted to thank both the plot team and the salad, zoo, and tree huggers. It is always refreshing to have a gigantic world problem have a simple and delicate approach. One where ham handed pissed off "cuddle bears" simply have no real method to deal with it. Making the powerful the powerless for all the best story telling reasons is just some of my favorite roleplay. To that end I really enjoyed all the spirit roleplay, especially the end finding the spirit, and trying to address the Blight in the tree. I was impressed. For the record: Zane might call you more funny names in the future, but no non-adventurer gets to. ;)

I enjoyed the busted contract mod we got to go on, I felt that was an interesting story flavor. The myriad of "teleporter accident" jokes just kept getting better.

The lich fight.

Man I haven't had a knockdown drag out undead fight that felt like that in a long while. Having to think and adjust on our feet felt just right, more than that it was a meat grinder of the highest order that really made me have to adjust all my thinking into undead war 2.0. Needless to say I failed in several ways but that was the whole point. I'll never underestimate the importance of my Mettle skill again for example. Being able to burstdown through the first what? 7? 8? rooms? Lost my IG cool several times and loved the NPCs just goading it on more. Never once did I think that Zane might cast a ritual 15 feet from a pack of liches... some crazy new milestones got run over. While it might not have been intentional that it worked out that the OEF + Kale got to wreck the joint, then a mix of town BA fighters went back to finish the job... delish. That last fight was just noise and insanity and I loved every second.

-Berserking. My rp has let me calm my raging around into big ol burst/tantrums. The NPCs on the lich fight really made that crazy fun. I would get so frustrated in the doors, get hit... poke... poke... poke... screw it, BOOM! Didn't always work but it was always satisfying.

-Big lich berserking. I burned awaken potions and spells into the doubledigits to keep my head on straight for that fight. I was trying to be the wise ol'warlord and call out commands, push openings when I could, stay just calm enough, and it was working mostly... until our visiting friends from the lands of metal and badass (and I'm sorry but I don't recall the IG name) shouted "Hey where is that guy that said he was going to lose it in here?!"

...and I totally lost it.

The last mad shove into the room with Mathis granting me temporary immortality, burning every last ability and one shot I had, with Yonkie right there to lop it's stupid defenceless head off, as my corrupted butt turned around to make new friends.... it was a great ending.

To everyone that came with us for that last fight thank you. Mutt staying upbeat somehow, Vel getting to see what it looks like when he has to use literally everything he has in 15 minutes, watching the giant rat not only get serious but start going ham properly, the fact that we packed a lunch and five members of the roman legion (I really hope you guys visit again), I could go on and on. Great times, had by all.

The follow up RP for each encounter really made it great for me.

I also had a great time getting the new kids acclimated to the struggle that is heinous OEF runs. You did not disappoint at all. Well done. From Dusty grabbing command whenever needed, to red defending like mad in key points, even barking without. any. LIMBS. at all in the face of the thing he was trying like mad to keep off Quinn... and it worked... just too great.

Last but not least: Collette and Zane had a moment.

Zane sitting on a wall in the rain as the town argues about who fights skeletons and who fights liches. Collette is rallying team Lich. She walks right up to Zane
"You are slow burning to get to the lich fight?"
"Yep."
"You are mentally counting down to when you are sick of waiting and will just take off to get things started?"
"Yep."
"Heard." walks off and rallies the group

Internal dialog: Mental note, Collette gets out alive no matter what... maybe get her a garden, mystics like gardens right?

Thank you all.

Cheers,

Travis/Zane

All the stuff!

High points of the event for Blue and I!
1. Goblins - Was hilarious and perfect for the lowbies I was trying to make sure could go forth and have fun. Silly little mods like that are great to help break up the uber dark serious business stuff that lower levels can sometimes get a little lost on. Plus the hilarity of Mutt never being out of sight even when we were all the way down by the lake just was icing on the cake there.

2. Serious Mathis business - On the flip side when we got back I really had fun talking with Mathis and Mutt about knightly squire kingdom stuff. Matt I will forever cherish the expression you had when Mathis was asking why Blue had a problem with the Archon. I swear she's mentioned being a slave to you before but it was like you could see the light flip on and it was hilarious as you were like "Ooooooh you're one of those!" I love chats like these cause they are such character builders, plus you know Blue's got a bunch of stuff to get her bunny butt doing now. It will be an interesting ride to October now! :D

3. Mummy Run - Was a fun run with the Pride members there. Blue had never really ran with just the Pride before but it's always good to change things up and fight with new people. Plus the pincher fight at the end was really chaotic and fun and Blue was glad Mutt didn't die to disease there cause stupid disease stopping heals and big battles being confusing. :p

4. Papa Bear Spirit Times - I had fun roleplaying out Blue's frustration of not being naturely enough through the first one and then the paranoia that the ball she's got is making spirits dislike her according to folks. Then the second time around it was like yay not broken...except then things die and people almost die and it just makes her more nervous. And that was before she was like "Wait...I didn't actually see a spirit and I zoned in on the sick thingie...uhhhh...wtf?" More paranoia for the bunny! o_O

5. Skeleton Crew - It was awesome to realize I was the one healer assigned to the back (front?) group. Plus you know our team there hyping ourselves up with stomping was amusing as hell. I started doing it cause someone else did and rabbits do that anyways. It was the first time though I felt Blue (and technically me as a healer) came into her own and did an excellent job without a back up right there to cover things if she freaked out. Then afterwards Quinn was commenting on her doing a good job (omg OEF senpais noticed me!) and it just was such a moment for Blue to know she's not only useful but people think she's capable and respect her. Ah character growth how I love thee...

6. Friday Night Fear - It was a small thing but I loved it for the rabbit logic I got to employ. The arcane fear that hit me had me run away, so I did the bunny thing and found a dark "safe" place to hide. Then I think the person...or maybe it was another npc? Either way, got found and just got to freeze up and let the guy beat me cause you know, fear! Darn rabbit instincts making one freeze! That's not even mentioning the mad scramble to find life spells for Nataal and Rock from the tavern to the barracks cause of the darn banshees. Everything just pushing Blue to hurry up and get a few life spells in her memory these days...or invest in a stick.

Thank you Plot and NPC's for the event! In spite of evil cold and wetness and that god damn hill! Sweet Jeebus my legs are still sore...

Fun weekend for sure. Thank you SOMI for the event, and a painless logistics. Thank you plot for working your butts off.

Being a new town, and Yonkie's home is with the Ancient accessor, I always try to walking in with bedding and things i need for the first night on me. It's a big duffle that can wear over my shoulder. As I am walking into town, i hear "we need a life spell". Ahh, okay then it's going to be one those types of market days. I come to a fork in the road, i think the barracks are to the left. I start heading up the hill to hear a banshee scream. Then I hear another one. Okay, lets go the other way. Ahh, that looks like the tavern. Annnnddd that is an undead coming right for me. I drop my giant bag and get ready for a fight. I open up with a web, before i can really see the undead, only to see it have no effect on what i now can tell is a specter. I then engage with a healing aura blade. I can see the heart of this once proud warrior is sad, he disengages and then tries to paralyze me with a bit a innate magic, twice. If there are mummy's out here, and i fall, then it's go to the circle time. All alone, and falling is not an option. I decide to open up on the specter, spell it down. Grab my dropped bag, and walk into the woods and wait till I can better understand what is going on. I was able to get a map of the area by sounds, and the lights that came on as you walked. Finally I was able to sneak around enough to meet up with a group, emerge from the shadows to spook them. Then meet up with everyone else.

I was really glad I practiced my incants, because my first 10 mins in game, it was go time! That was a nice coming into town mod. But it was all down crypt after that, lol

I didn't notice my helm on my head!, and it never fell off! So that was good.

Seeing old friends was really good.

I liked how the Crypt felt established. How you had to cover the same ground each time, then go deeper and deeper. I also had the pleasure of being the first group to go down into the crypt. That was cool to uncork the unknown. Which introduced me to Mutt. It was my first time getting to really roleplay with her for more than like a second. I liked how we had to reaffirm that everything will be okay. And the "Point" at the birds just tickled me on the inside. It was fun just to keep interacting with her for the weekend.

First in the Crypt mod was a lot of fun. We were a rag tag group of people that have not really been together much or ever. We had new and newer adventures, to seasoned adventures. But we jellied into a nice group, and worked really well. Goes to show you how nicely 2.0 has done on bridging the level gap. I had two fun moments in that great mod.
1) My Han moment
I was attacking the undead, and attacking, then I just lost myself into an orcish battle lust. Went to town on two long hallways of undead. Saw more undead infront of me, and went to run ahead and attack them too. Then i remember Baylan already reminded me once in the mod not to run head. So I pulled up short and was just snorting and stammering. I even made spit fly from my mouth. Then I took an arcane fear and ran. (i miss that resist). So I pulled a Han solo, running down the corridor, then running away!

And then, Phauck saw me running thru the door. Stepped up and out, and cleared the rest of the undead chasing me. It was awesome! and funny at the same time.

2) Drunken Master,
Got some bad intel on fear, was told it was line of site 5 mins. But that was fixed later in the weekend, and clarified. I say that because it is important to the story. I was running away yet again, and heard Phanuck cloak a corrupt. Well, I knew I had to get right back in there. So I grabbed what thought was an awaken, but turned out to be an intoxicant as I checked the tag after i drank the potion. Well, i'm now drunk and looking for a fight. The undead that feared me is gone. I proceed to stumble up the hill in (what i hope was) a drunken swagger, starting with my lowest spells like Quinn taught me, then moving up. The Greater must have giving a command to protect him because undead are just jumping in front of my spells. I think i used everything I had in my rather large column i had for the weekend stumbling up that hill. But we made it too the top of that hill damit! Then everyone else rushed the baddy and we won. I was still a little drunk and didn't quite know we won, till An elf with a great staff told me!

and moving on,

As a retired larp game master, there was some things that I never got to achieve. Two pc's groups, on two different mods, meeting up fight together. Well done plot, well done. You have defeated what i thought was a Kobayashi Maru.

Getting people intoxicated in the tavern. Still a great time. And Lisa was one of my top favorite of all times. Plus, she really broke something!

The homeless out of chapter folks, who Yonkie remebers as Va, Ba, Ma, and Da. I thew a 5 evo bolt at finch, it was at least 40 feet away, and Hit! I turned around and said "oh yea, did you guys see that awesome cast?" they said "ya, we saw that awesome assault." Total buzz kill, but hilarious!

The yummy food. It just brings so much to the game to be able to sit around and eat. Thank youuuuuuuuuu soooooooo much Genevieve!!!!!!!!!!! And anyone else who helped that I didn't see.

and the rest of the event was great. I may add more, but i'm favoring posting what i have now, instead of tonight!

Last edited:
Thank you so much NPC's who helped out the three plot members of our alternate plot line, and a HUGE thanks to Baylan Ian and Dave for everything you do for us.
Dave pushing through being so terribly ill and the other two filling in while he did was the epitome of commitment to the game and it's players like you that are pillars of our community.

It was so lovely to see new faces at this event. Running tavern kept me from getting to really interact all that much with you, but it still made me happy to see you all there.
Before I get into the highlights of the event I just want to give three HUGE shout outs to Lisa, Jared and Kristie for being constantly beside me supporting me in the kitchen.
This was easily the most smooth running stress free tavern I have EVER run and it's all thanks to you.
Also Clay who did a big batch of dishes for us and even after I said that there is too many and he should take a break he was like "I'm getting this done"
Other thank you's go out to Sal, Mike, and Kyler for stepping in here and there to cook and Dave and Kat jumping in at the end of the event to help with all of the clean up as well.

Alright highlight time. Here. We. Go!

Number one goes tooooooooo Thor Moment.
I generally get really short with people in the "the meal is literally coming together right this second to serve" so that it goes smoothly. It's all business so I don't generally play around. Lukas likes to try to play around in those moments and usually I'm mean to him about it. But here I was in the kitchen getting lunch (?) ready to serve and there is Lukas in front of me in the door frame. It was perfect because I could see only him in the door frame and nothing else.
He yells "COLLETTE" and I snap my head up ready to scold him as he puts his arm out to the side. A hammer that looks a lot like a certain God of Thunder's comes flying from the side outside of my view.
Without Lukas breaking eyecontact with me that hammer misses his hand, yet he still closes it as if he caught it, hits him in the back and tumbles to the floor.
Still no break in eye contact as Lukas and I just stare at each other for a good ten more seconds before everyone else starts laughing.
Good times.

Friday night's march to the crypt was fun. It's always great when I look at Dustie and can say "You got the back?" and knowing when she confirms that all will be well back there as I focus on the front.

Waiting in line for our time to go through the crypt was one of those wholesome larp moments. All of us gathering on the dock with snacks and passing around a bottle of wine was just...nice.
The wave through the crypt was really great with Blue and Fatick(?) joining us and meeting up with Mutt's group towards the end. Baseball sliding to her side felt very heroic only to be taken away by not understanding that she was both dying and diseased.

Having Jote fighting by the prides side throughout the weekend was lovely and I am thoroughly impressed. I am a HUGE fan of spellswords in the new rules change and seeing one in action flawlessly going from fighting on the front line to healing those beside her in one swift motion then snapping back to fight was absolutely fantastic and everything I wanted someone to be when it came to the rules change.

Taking a walk through the woods before lunch with Lillith was another perfect moment for me as we pet squishy moss and pointed out cool trees and plants to eachother. We also made sure to find all the best spots for sacrifices and rituals if need be.

Having Saro rift in next to me dead and nonchalantly healing her only to have her wake up with me telling her "Welcome back, get ready, you're leading the town to fight a skeleton horde" was a good little moment. OH on the nonchalant train, the pride was fighting some stone golems and at the end we thought we were done and we were kind of visiting and refitting and Lukas is standing in front of us talking. Suddenly "The BIG BAD" Came from the wall next to him and mid conversation he kind of flings his polearm up and hits him for like 100 lightning and the guy goes pooof. We all kind of shrugged thinking it was just another crunchy stone golem and then suddenly we were rifting out.

Figuring out the town split for the final crypt push was a really great time. I liked my moment with Zane and I knew to base the Lich team around a mad bear spearheading through the crypt. I had a good moment where Finch asked me "what are you a lord or something" when I told him what team he would be with. I didn't understand the question so when I asked what he meant he said "because you're telling people where to go, why are they listening?" I paused at that moment and didn't really know an answer because it occurred to me that I didn't really know the answer. I told him he could go wherever he wanted, and that he didn't have to listen if he didn't want to" but walking away from him in that moment to rally the troups I realized that I didn't know why I was doing what I was doing and why people felt like listening. It was a really deep moment for Collette.
When it was time to split the teams up in the tavern to form tactics it was a really interesting time changing my mind from what I thought was the best to what needed to actually happen when I looked around the room and realized there was an even split in numbers. Choosing to split the pride and others was a hard decision and I like when I have to make hard decisions.

The battle itself was fast and as brutal as we thought it would be but I was happy how it turned out. Lillith and I prepared enough not to panic when the final push came and Zane, Kale, and Mathis were corrupted. There was a simple answer and they were met immediately by lifes when they came back out the door. That felt like a good moment. The support from the five players that backed them up and put a defensive wall between Lillith and I in the front made it so I knew that we were getting out of there alive.

The last encounter of the night with the Flora and Fauna and the wearbare was a good one. It was fun to have a spirit encounter and to do more role playing than I had gotten to do that evening. It was great to have a bonding experience with Zane, and the other nature folk. The funnest part about that mod is when I was sacrificing myself to keep the spirit they needed to talk to anchored, I had NO idea what was going on. It started with a little roleplay on my end with the thought "lets push this little button and see what happens" and something happened so I rolled with it. My hearing was so bad that while I was roleplaying keeping the spirit anchored I could ONLY hear Ian so I had NO idea what the other players were doing or when I should stop what I was doing as I counted my body down even after Zane gave me an electric shot of light. It made it pretty intense and in the moment for me.

Alright I could go on and on but just know that I was so happy to be around each and every one of you this entire weekend and I look forward to the next event!

First of all, I am super floored by the kind words of Genevieve and Brooks. You guys made my heart smile and melt! I've been really self-conscious of learning to fight, cast, and role-play as a newer player who is also really, really shy IRL. It really means A LOT coming from you both!

I had so much fun this weekend. The Friday night experience was terrifying with all of the dooms flying around. I was so close to resurrecting o_O. I loved getting up to mischief with Trellis and Lilith by sneaking flower crowns on to heads of unsuspecting adventurers.

I continued to have a blast running with the Pride. I feel like the Pride are my people and I look forward to many more adventures eviscerating things by their side when they need me. Some of the best moments were hanging out on the pier drinking "wine" and hashing out battle strategies with Colette. And that mummy battle through the Crypt was top notch (great work Plot and NPCs!).

Also it was great to play with Glenn who braved saving my dead character from the banshees and also the floor whilst "intoxicated". RPing being intoxicated and hallucinating was super silly and fun change for my character who is usually pretty stoic (Good call, Brooks!). Thanks to Blue, Mutt, and Dustie White for entertaining my delusions! #strawberries

Also, in the kitchen with Lukas and Trellis - how many adventurers does it take to make homemade biscuits? The answer is THREE.

I loved seeing all the new faces in our game as well. Going around the bend at the crypt and running into the other team of adventurers during the massive crypt chaos was E.P.I.C. And fighting the last big battle against the Skeletons in the front line with everyone was pretty awesome (I thought my arm was going to fall off though, lol).

There is so much more to say! But I'll stop here for now... and just end with - why is everyone so great??? Hugs for all my LARP fam <3

Last edited:
I knew I forgot something freaking critical. I have never been so excited to get into game than when I’m half dressed getting my game face on and I hear the first banshee scream.

Jenn, Brigit hot damn that was so good. I was so torn. I wanted nothing more than to come racing into game but with pre event setup I couldn’t since it takes me a while. More than that I could hear the panic and the scramble of the towns people. I didn’t want to calvary ride in and steal that intense moment from everyone.

It was also delightfully jarring to come in all tough and to not only hesitate but to flinch? Damn scary, damn awesome.

I had an blast this weekend, for so many reasons! Some of my favorite moments included (but are not limited to!):

-NPC'ing Friday night. I haven't run like that with Mike in years, and going full lungs banshee with Brigit made my day.

-Early morning gal chat in the ladies room while doing makeup.

-Mean Muggin lessons. I swear to god I'm going to have to bring a potato next game.

-Morning tea with Arai.

-Crypt Run 1! What a rag-tag group of people. I didn't realize just how blind we were going in, and still managed to find cohesion and rock the mod. Amazing setup by plot as well! Despite spending all Friday night NPC'ing, I had zero idea that the back door led out to a fully built tunnel system. I thought I knew what I was getting into and I was pleasantly proven wrong.

-Crypt Run 2! This time I managed to tag along with some of our returning players from (New York? Ohio?) and it was so refreshing to play with a group who did things differently from what I'm used to. I learned a lot and was very impressed with the way plot lured us into running into the other group (and Glenn confirming it by shouting MUTT!) at the exactly right moment when I was convinced we were about to wipe. Extra shout out to V's baseball slide! Disease makes things tricksy, I definitely would not have been able to figure out the Healing Arts.

-Traysure split 101 and being able to rent an item I was far too broke to purchase. Win win situation!

-Menace Wars between Nataal and Yonkie. I'm pretty sure I peed myself. Also, what have I started?

-Goblin shenanigans and the Monster Swans of Doom. Leading up to that mod, Blue and Mutt discussed road snacks and opted to leave the extra cookies at the cabin. Boy were we kicking ourselves later-- always bring snacks when dealing with goblins! Also, Line of Sight goes much further than ya think...

-Snackies with Rock!

-Serious chats with Mathis. It was a conversation I have been looking forward to for six months and it certainly did not disappoint. Trying to look at questions from Mutt's perspective vs my own made me feel like I could actually roleplay my way out of a paper bag.

-Heart to heart conversation with Jote about becoming Mutt's house, and all the hilarity that ensued.

-Dragon Poker lessons with Emric! Adamently cheering Scarlet on while not placing any bets myself.

-NPC'ing for Team Skeleton and looking at the mod placement and how it contributed to PC's feeling like they were truly fighting a hoard. I wish I had seen it from the other side, but it was a great time running my butt off trying it make it to my repops.

-Team Liche. Getting the preparation speeches both IG and OOG really positively contributed to my overall enjoyment of the mod. Yes, it gets loud, yes it gets crazy, but we're all here to have fun and as long as we're safe about it there's nothing that could possibly happen that cannot be fixed at a later time. The IG tactics chat gave me clear direction and expectations, which was very calming on both levels. The mod itself was well statted and I loved the group I was with. Between being a turret with Val and sucking paralyzes to help defend others, it was exactly the kind of "big Saturday night thing" I was craving. Playing Emotional Support Animal afterwards made me extremely happy as well.

-Murder Knife.

-Deciding it was plenty past my bedtime and making my way up the hill only to be picked up by the Zane Train for fun spirit time.

Thanks again everyone for the amazing weekend! I look forward to seeing you all again in May :D

Back