Hiring Adventurers

Banradi

Adept
Greetings, adventurers!

I am Captain Audrel Faske, and I have the pleasure of heading The Golden Snail, a merchant vessel from the Kalinthas Isles. At the end of this month, we will be leaving Sinsea’s port and making our voyage back to Kalinthas.

We’d like to hire any interested parties to ensure a safe return trip. Should you accept, you'd be protecting our ship and the tradesfolk from various threats on the high seas. You will be provided with warm food, pay, as well as free transit to the Isles.

We are setting sail the morning of the 19th of this month, with a planned arrival into Newharbor on the 25th. If possible, please notify us of your intent to travel so that we can prepare accordingly.

The Order of the Emerald Flame will take on part of this contract.

We've got supplies we need brought from the mainland anyways. Do you have hull room for a few chest of various things? A couple cases of wine mostly for delivery to Luckless Dragon.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

Goodman Link,

Thank you for your quick response. I am looking forward to meeting you and your Order.

We should be able to put together a bill of lading relatively quickly. As for specific numbers, here's what I've written down in my books. Does this seem amenable?
(For reference, I'm denoting 6 bottles of wine as 1 case, and "a couple cases" as 3)

1 bottle of wine (25.4 fl oz) x 3 cases = 457.2 total fluid ounces.
457.2 total fluid ounces = 3.57 gallons

Standard Daily Rate of Shipping per gallon = 2 silver x 3.57 gallons x 6 days = 4.28 gold for the entire trip

Due to my negotiations with the other tradesworkers I cannot offer this to you for free, however I can include it in the cost of hiring you as mercenaries.

I'm not familiar with where the Luckless Dragon is, but provided all of your documentation is in order it shouldn't be an issue.

-Audrel

Last edited:
Things are looking good on our end as we prepare to ship out.

As a warning, sailors coming into Sinsea from Kalinthas the past few days have mentioned rougher than normal seas. I'd be prepared for a choppy trip once we sail through the storm.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Captain Faske

Captain Faske,

It is my intention to travel with your ship these few short moons. I myself am old salt and understand the harrowing dangers of the sea. She is a cruel mistress who is reluctant to forgive. However, various threats seems rather vague to me. Is there anything specific you're worried about that you feel the need to contract adventurers for? Is it a concern of the goods onboard the Golden Snail? I look forward to making your acquaintance, and hopefully you'll have time to share a bottle of something with me and tell me how the seas of Kalinthas have treated you.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,

Captain Saro

Last edited:
It's always a pleasure to meet another captain.

The Golden Snail is prided on being the largest merchanting vessel of Kalinthas. As a result, we want to uphold that reputation and ensure our clients' wares are protected.

Unfortunately, that reputation also begets danger. Our largest concern is always pirates, marauders, and looters looking to make a quick coin, as well as the other (less common, but more dangerous) threats of the sea, such as sahuagin and sirens.

I've got a bottle of wine that I've been saving in my cabin for a special occasion. Perhaps we crack that open one of these nights and trade tales.

-Captain Faske

Back