History

elliotbay

Knight
Marshal
The rule book advised me to familiarize myself with the history of the area before I make a character history. I won't be writing it before my first event, but Is this available online somewhere?

There used to be some very brief info about the in-game area online, but it looks like that page isn't currently available.

Cymryc will certainly want to give you all of the appropriate info, when he has a chance. Unfortunately, according to the prior thread, he won't be answering anybody until at least Sunday evening.

Welcome on board,

Doug C
(IG: "Chicken Leg" Jack)

P.S. If at all possible, write your character's history before your first event. It gives your character (and more importantly, you) something to talk about in the tavern, and your roleplay options are going to be much greater.

The allianceoregon.com site seems quite sparse.

I'll do it before my first PC event, but I'm going to NPC the first one. Get my feet wet and whatnot. Plus, it'll give my girlfriend a chance to see if this is something she could have fun doing, without having to spend a lot of time up-front creating a character (and costume, etc.). It'll also give me some more time to see if I want to drop $100 on some chain mail. I'm becoming more convinced that I'll have fun with this, but we're not sure about her yet.

elliotbay said:
The allianceoregon.com site seems quite sparse.

The website was recently hacked, most of it still needs to be rebuilt.

Holy crap, I didn't know that until you mentioned it. Yeah, there used to be a lot more stuff up there.
I was just on there a week or two ago. Who would spend the time to do that to such a small website, that seems like a total waste of time.

Was there a backup to be restored?

It is being worked on. Just be patient, thanks. :)

Back