Home Again, Home Again... 7/3/15 to 7/5/15 Event Review and War Stories

Jim

Scholar
Please Tell us about your weekend! What were your fav moments from this event? What kind of misadventure did you enjoy? Who got the best laughs? Who pulled the most tears? Had some epic moments or just want to share the things you loved most about game? Please ease Share all the fun here!

We've only got 6 weeks until our next game, so the more you put in now, the more we'll have ready for you with your reviews for the next event!

Also tell the Crew about your weekend on our event review and summary!
Make sure to vote for the players who helped make the weekend great in out fav pics sections. Winners will receive prizes!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jbE0RT6_9CtK4W54JLXqIyfYI5Z_6ZAkFKpHah0h688/viewform
Everyone who completes the form will receive 30 GS and also help us build a better game experience.

The interpersonal roleplay this weekend was amazing. Especially with Calderon, Shin, and Tzerin.
-Meeting Slice for the first time by coming around a corner and putting a knife to the throat of the person she was talking to. Woohoo first impressions!
-Getting misunderstood/misinterpreted CONSTANTLY throughout the weekend. Common as a second language blues :(
-Talking to Shin late late at night
-Talking to Calderon late late at night
-Talking to Tzerin, not so late at night
-For some reason I was tickled by the transportation bureau. Wylderkin don't get money, I gave him what I had in my pouch, they were very prepared to assist me in any way I desired for the rest of the weekend.

So many great moments throughout the weekend...
  • Watching Ther eat her breakfast...omg creepy!
  • Late night drinky time with the Dragoons. Sir Slice, I'm sorry I drank so much of your booze. I promise to return the favor when you come to Acarthia.
  • The fighting comradery with Commander Tevish and Leon. I felt like I was back with my household, the Scions of Valarion.
  • Last minute puzzle solving with Slice, Tevish and Cart. I really didn't think we were going to solve it in time.
  • The almost party wipe in the farmhouse filled with Undead. I felt like there were just room after room after room. And then being engulfed, thinking that I was going to take a death out there, we got the clutch save by Tevish.
  • Wonderful RP moment with my fellow squire Shin regarding the morality of whether it was within our right to choose the fate of one man of the fate of many. It got heated but in the end I think we at least saw each others views on the issue.
  • Shin's hate list (see image below) :)
  • 2015-07-06 12.37.20.jpg
  • Squire/Kraken fight! Fun mechanics and everyone was a total professional.
  • Meeting Dame Ashlyn. I have to admit, I sort of want to kidnap her and take her back to Acarthia. She's my type of noble. :)
  • Sharing a tent with Kjeld and Calderon. Who needs a ward with these two sleeping next to you.

Hey All!
Had an amazing time with everyone this game - as always. You all bring the epic RP and it always raises the bar of the game! Thank you one and all!
A few top points, I am sure I will add more over time.

- Friday Night's kick off; Slice talks always change the way of things. So many more things to come. I don't think Shin's tail has ever been so tucked between his legs as Friday.
- Squire conversations - 'Recognize, where we are, and where that is now.' as Tzerin does the thing.
- The Night of eating endless amounts of crow. And it doesn't stop there!
- Late night talks with Ther! The latest of Night talks and Secret Secrets!
- Arranging my shot glass collection in bed.
- Fathomfall dwarves! "Does anyone else want to Negotiate?"
- Coming on Seriously scary moments with the Tenebris. I love the fear level that the plot team can convey without so much as throwing a single shot.
- The Time plot line was fantastic and was easy to get other people brought into. Had a great time!
- Morning shenanigans and throwing Orcs through time portals, only to kill them on the other side. Sad times :(
- Moral conversations at the 11th hour with Kendrick, Tevis, Arkelos and so many others was epic! I freaking loved it. It was high tension and high stakes and Ultimately character evolving in a way that you can't ever script.
- The Things Shin Hates. A list. Sometimes you have to laugh so you don't cry, right?
- Damn it Kart! That moment, that brief moment of disbelief and then Dust. Right on the heels of all the Slice conversations. Being somewhere between upset, sad and scared.
- Going for Broke and using Time Powers for Good!
- Dinner and Drinking. And sad stories. Why sad stories!? Why not happy stories?!
- His secret is that he's always angry.
- Shin Hates Fun and Himself the most, obviously. :p

Why does everyone want to kidnap Ash?!

Can't wait for next game! Thank you one and all for all the amazing personal Roleplay!

Okay let's see!

• Arriving after 3 years to familiar faces
  • Doing the thing for my honor with no hesitation
  • First resurrection with a wonderful story to go with what happened, best knight ever
  • Talking to everyone I haven't seen in years
  • Meeting people that have joined since
  • Sitting at a table and glancing back, "Oh look it's Ther..." Turning back around and then going wide eyed realizing "Oh $%+# it's Ther!" Before a knife goes to my neck
  • Being able to go on really anything with anyone because everyone wants to lend and accept help
  • Watching the town get along... Mostly... Curses aside
  • Being able to see and pick out character development that happened over the last years with those I knew and how it changed them
  • Plot was great, no, plot was amazing!
  • Kendrick, great to meet you, I can't wait until I can come out and visit
  • Dipping my foot into the moral conversation
  • Mods that I felt like I was contributing to
  • Drinking around the fire pit
  • "Magic storm! Magic storm! Magic storm!" .... "Is it okay if I keep pegging you?" ... "Yeah let me just cover my head" .... "MAGIC STORM! MAGIC STORM!!"
  • First casting of 9th level spells and high Magic
  • The mud!! Throwing mud! And those poor constructs, I was convinced it was a feelgood mod until we hear engulf followed by all our collective sighs as we realized what we had to do... And then the sole one left at the end, I was crushed, I think a lot of us were
  • NIGHT PATROL! Sticks and stones will break kobold bones... At least we got most of the weapons back and then did the honorable thing and turned everything back to rightful owners... Damn honor
  • PARTY KOBOLD! Okay that was just fun and amazing and teaching some celestial magic to a kobold will never backfire on us... Ever
  • The whole towns collective empathy when Kart died
  • Peoples faces when Kart lived!
  • Spending time with my knight
  • Feeling like I actually made a bit of coin for once
  • Having a moment of realization that I know exactly how I want my combat abilities to shape
  • Anything else I forgot! Well it was all super fun! Thanks plot, players and npc's because I really enjoyed the hell out of my first game back.

Reactions: Jim
Okay let's see!
  • PARTY KOBOLD! Okay that was just fun and amazing and teaching some celestial magic to a kobold will never backfire on us... Ever

...not again *facepalm*

...not again *facepalm*

To be fair, that was a Goblin Casta. And they eventually taught him formal magic. And he became King of the Goblins.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL KING ZOT!!!!

My favorite part? His herald was Baron Polare. ;) If only Seattle knew...

To be fair, that was a Goblin Casta. And they eventually taught him formal magic. And he became King of the Goblins.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL KING ZOT!!!!

My favorite part? His herald was Baron Polare. ;) If only Seattle knew...

I was thinking of the Gnobold army, actually. Zot never caused nearly so many problems...

I was thinking of the Gnobold army, actually. Zot never caused nearly so many problems...

Oh yeah, them. the Cit-Zin Sit-in was hilarious. Equal rights for Kobolds! Who the heck taught any of them magic? LOL!

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone for making my reintroduction to the game a good one. And also a thank you for the reception of my kidlets. The three of us felt very welcome.

I think one of the better mods was the mud fight at the end of the weekend. It was simple, but it had more depth than simple, "Here's the monsters, start hacking away until they burst open like so many piñatas."

Also, we encountered quite a large spider (about 2 inches long, looked like a small, grey tarantula) during our packing of our tent. We considered calling the tarantula-wylderkin to help us out. Maybe next time.

Back